1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Need DW-5600E Gasket?

Discussion in 'Watches' started by SuzukiGS750EZ, Dec 26, 2013.

1. SuzukiGS750EZ

SuzukiGS750EZ Loaded Pockets

So, I'm having some issues. I found condensation in my only watch, a Casion G-Shock DW-5600E. The gasket in the back was not in good shape and had a tear from who knows what. Looking online I can't justify paying $0.58 and $4.97 for shipping on an O-ring that's lighter than a grain of sand. What do I do? I need the watch for work, but for now I just have to use my phone. Frustrating!

2. hatchetjack

hatchetjack EDC Junkie!!!!!

Have you tried ACE hardware? Is the gasket an O ring? They have a large selection.

3. SuzukiGS750EZ

It's a large o-ring, but thinner than most. I don't know if it's neoprene or rubber or what. I'd rather not chance it lol

4. sl66ICEcuba

sl66ICEcuba Loaded Pockets

I would just get lazy and use a liquid gasket, use a thin bead of the stuff. Stuff like RTV high temp gasket holds up really well on my cracked engine block on one of my bikes, should be fine for this. Easy to pry off after.

5. Soosh

Soosh Loaded Pockets

Dude, this is a specialty part. It's not just an o-ring or something. It's shaped to fit the caseback and the case. You're going to dick around gluing your watch, it's still going to leak or at least never have the water resistance for which it was designed, and in the end it's going to leak and you'll have an irreparably dead watch.

Either cough up five bucks for the proper part or chuck it in the bin and buy a new watch.

KnoxButler and ox71 like this.
  6. wave180

wave180 Loaded Pockets

contact Casio service center and apply silicon grease before installing it.

ox71 likes this.
  7. SuzukiGS750EZ

Did I ever mention doing this? I know well enough to replace a part and not rig up a waterproof watch. Just didn't know if anybody had better sources or something.

8. Soosh

Soosh Loaded Pockets

Sorry, just going off of some of the terrible advice you were given.

I don't see gaskets on their site right now, but Tiktox is pretty awesome for Casio parts. I picked up a couple of spare straps and bezels for my GW-5000-1JF when I first got it from them. I hope the first sentence of this paragraph is okay, but I'm not going to post the link for fear of getting modwhacked for deal spotting.

9. SuzukiGS750EZ

I shall look into it, thank you. If I had more than one watch or they needed to be replaced more often, shipping wouldn't be an issue. But I would have to buy 10 gaskets to match the shipping. Just not worth it in my mind.

10. ox71

ox71 Loaded Pockets

There are a few more good places for casio seals, I think pacparts and casiosalesusa can get your watch parts, but tiktox is good

11. Cprrckwlf

Cprrckwlf Loaded Pockets

Contact Casio service first, sometimes you get the right person and they will send something out as a courtesy. After that check with local jewelers that do watch battery replacement. If that fails just pretend it's a (not completely unreasonable) $5 gasket with free shipping.

12. SuzukiGS750EZ

contacted casio, waiting for a reply. thanks guys. Worse comes to worse, i'll epoxy it together and throw the watch out when the battery dies (JUST KIDDING)

13. KnoxButler

KnoxButler Loaded Pockets

My limited experience with buying parts online is that the warehouse with the part you need, doesn't usually have a wide variety of shipping options available to them. So weather your part weighs less than a grain of sand or half a pound, it comes in the same size package. That's probably why shipping is so expensive. But you could look into ordering a spare band and or other spare parts you may need in the future and possibly get them shipped to you at the same $4.97 shipping cost. Although it doesn't really answer your question or solve your problem it does make the shipping cost more worth while.​

14. KnoxButler

KnoxButler Loaded Pockets

Double post, Sorry.