1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Need Bag Advice

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by TECENG, Dec 20, 2015.

1. TECENG
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer
    • In Omnia Paratus

TECENG Loaded Pockets

Hi all,

I'm not one to hang out in this particular forum as I have a number of bags that seem to suit my needs and therefore haven't shopped for one in quite a while. I currently have a range bag that I use for my vehicle to keep a wide assortment of stuff. Basically a get-home bag plus a few first aid items.

My trunk space is very limited in my car, and I find that whenever I need to haul stuff from the home to the office or vice-versa, I tend to take out the range bag because I need the space. Not a good idea, as sometimes I forget to put it back in.

I have room behind my seats (only a two-seater car), and I thought I could utilize that space instead of the trunk. I have enough room for 2 bags, at least 8" x 10" x 4" big. Probably a bit larger if necessary. I could use some suggestions as to what to look for. Perhaps something with interior sections or I could get smaller bags to keep inside the larger bags. I carry the usual stuff, flashlights, batteries, multitool, paracord, water, nutrition bars, knife, etc. Nothing too large, so it all would fit easily into the bag size I mentioned.

Any suggestions on where to start looking?

2. Soulriot
    • Administrator
    • In Omnia Paratus

Soulriot EDCF Rule Enforcer
    Staff Member

I'd suggest against having bags visible inside the car. It's a bad guy magnet. Do what you can to have something in the trunk out of sight.

3. TECENG
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer
    • In Omnia Paratus

TECENG Loaded Pockets

Good point. But I think the space behind my seatbacks are pretty much invisible. It's really tight and the all black interior makes it even harder to see. One thing I can do is keep the bags in the trunk and when I have to transport cargo, simply move them to the area behind the seats. Once the cargo is unloaded I can put them back in the trunk.

4. Ludwell01

Ludwell01 Loaded Pockets

Snugpak response pak might fit the bill?

5. Tyler Jones

Tyler Jones Loaded Pockets

For something behind the seat, try checking out some tool kit bags used in off road cars. Dirtbagz and PRP come to mind. Both companies make bags for what you are trying to do.

6. TECENG
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer
    • In Omnia Paratus

TECENG Loaded Pockets

ooh, good idea. I'll check it out ;)

7. TECENG
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer
    • In Omnia Paratus

TECENG Loaded Pockets

Looks like a MaxPed Proteus. I think I have one similar in the wife's car, I'll check the fit!

8. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

This sounds like a long narrow bag like the SoTech Go Bag or Hazard4 Evac or eve the CountyCom Sat Bag which is pretty cheap too.
    These are all designed to slide into spots where most bags will not.

Also look at Blue Ridge Overland Gear,they have some interesting options for car use I think.

343KD likes this.
  9. TECENG
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer
    • In Omnia Paratus

TECENG Loaded Pockets

Just a brief update, I decided to separate the contents of the current bag into two. I went with a Blue Ridge Overland Gear Hook & Loop IFAK Kit Bag for all the first aid items, and opted for a Maxpedition (yeah, I know...) Large TRIPTYCH Organizer in black. Both will easily fit behind the seatbacks. The size of the IFAK bag will keep it fairly hidden, even though it is red. The black TRIPTYCH should hardly be visible behind the seatback due to the color.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Antithetik likes this.