1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Need a way to carry Glock 19 while riding bicycle.

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by PatriotAR15, Apr 4, 2013.

1. PatriotAR15

PatriotAR15 Loaded Pockets

Right now, I don't really have a means of carrying much of anything while riding my bike which I just purchased.

I tried riding my bike with my Maxpedition Jumbo... yeah that didn't play out well *AT ALL*. I do have a Maxpedition Thermobak, but there is no storage in it. I can attach my keys to some plastic loop on the back, and I can actually shove my wallet, in the hydration bag compartment, and I bet I can attach a cell phone pouch somewhere. But no way in heck is there a way to shove a Glock 19 in there.

Routes I'm willing to go for a bicycle EDC rig, small, tiny backpack, waistpacks (fanny packs), or perhaps some sort of pouch that I can attach to my Thermobak. My Thermobak has 4 plastic loops that possibly can be used to attach a pouch to... where my Glock can be placed.

I want to do this the cheapest way possible.

2. Chubb

Chubb Loaded Pockets

I use the 5.11 IWB holster that is injected molded, the glock 19 clicks in it. Then I just throw it in my Goruck Radio Ruck. Wouldn't that work for riding a bicycle?

3. BigSky

BigSky Loaded Pockets

4. munckmb

munckmb Loaded Pockets

5. gooseman1991

gooseman1991 Loaded Pockets

6. fresh eddie fresh
    • In Omnia Paratus

fresh eddie fresh Loaded Pockets

7. Tru7h

Tru7h Loaded Pockets

Thigh holster. :D

TimmE and JP5 like this.
  8. BigSky

BigSky Loaded Pockets

Yep, covered with an ACE bandage. :)

9. nylophile

nylophile Loaded Pockets

I've been eyeing the Hill People Gear Kit Bag for this purpose also...but after recent purchases, not going to happen any time soon. I've carried in my old school Camelbak Mule, but the problem is that in the event that I need it (likely getting jacked on an urban trail), I want instant access, which isn't really easy when the weapon is on your back. I really see no other easy solution than chest mount and the HPG seems to be the answer.

10. Cobra 6 Actual

Cobra 6 Actual Loaded Pockets

Personally, I prefer on body carry with a belly band similar to what BigSky recommended. Mine is just a cheap gun show purchase (about $15), but it has worked perfectly. Another option is a stem bag like this: http://www.jandd.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=FSBR-S. Not my thing, but you may want to consider it.

11. Tru7h

Tru7h Loaded Pockets

Rock on! No one wants to stare at a cripple with a creepy leg growth. They sure don't expect them to be packing heat either.

12. biomike

biomike Loaded Pockets

I had the same problem and tried many different solutions over the years. In the past, I used a Galco fanny pack but didn't find it comfortable while riding. When the 5.11 MOABs came out, they have provided the best solution for me. I do not like off-body carry but when riding a bike I make an exception. I started with the MOAB 10 which was a little more bag than I needed but gave me the ability to carry a nice sized FAK and 100 oz hydration bladder. I got a MOAB 6 for Christmas last year and have been using that with a smaller hydration bladder and smaller FAK. Carries my G23, a spare magazine, knife, keys, etc. very comfortably. While I can get my G17 in it, it doesn't seal well so a G19/23-sized weapon seems to be about the max size that mine will carry comfortably.

13. Idaho Gunslinger

Idaho Gunslinger Loaded Pockets

Belly bands are usually pretty cheap and can be very comfortable. Check out Pistol Wear.

14. tennvol12345

tennvol12345 Loaded Pockets

Wilderness safe packer or a safariland als holster

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

15. Drjones

Drjones Loaded Pockets

http://www.thewilderness.com/?p=catalog&parent=171&pg=1

Wilderness SafePacker. Gun, spare mag, room for some small stuff in the flap pocket. Get a shoulder strap for it & you're set. I cinch it up so that it rides in the small of my back while riding, it's great. I wish they made something that had just a few more small pouches/pockets for a knife & flashlight, it would be soooo perfect for so many situations....

16. tennvol12345

tennvol12345 Loaded Pockets

They do, it's called the packer backer. There's a little bit of room where you can add your own pouches

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

17. Chiral

Chiral Loaded Pockets

My vote is hill people gear kit bag. The recon is a bit slimmer but has molle on it (not sure if you care about that). It's expensive though at close to $100 but it'll hold all your daily riding sundries like wallet keys and such plus your concealed handgun!

Redman1982 likes this.
  18. Sloman

Sloman Loaded Pockets

Me too!

19. Aimless

Aimless Loaded Pockets

I like the kitbag but thought it was a little hot on a hike a few years ago and took it off. I'd probably lean toward the little runner's kitbag v. the safepacker

20. Redman1982

Redman1982 Loaded Pockets

I use a Topeak handlebar bag. I don't like off body carry either, but with a road bike and cycling clothes, there isn't much of a place to conceal. The bag comes off the bars easily and thya have a small one that converts to a fanny pack, or the larger one has a shoulder strap.

I really like the Hill People kitbags. How hard is it to rig up something to attach it to the shoulder straps of say a GR 1 or 2?