1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Need a wallet/phone/keys holder on my belt

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by mrdude42, Aug 25, 2013.

1. mrdude42

mrdude42 Empty Pockets

I really want to get my wallet out of my back pocket because I'm having lower back issues. I've tried putting it in my front pants pocket but I'm not a big fan of that. Someone also suggested 2 wallets to make it even on both sides instead of just 1 wallet making my back hurt.

What I've been looking for is some kind of bag or wallet that can attach horizontally on my belt that can replace my wallet and also hold my iPhone 5 and possibly even my keys. Every waist bag I find is way too large... Is there anything you all know of that would be useful for me?

One thing I really like is the Hazard 4 Mil-iWallet. You can check it out here. The only problem with that is that it's not big enough to hold an iPhone 5...

[​IMG]

gooseman1991 likes this.
  2. Jerry L

Jerry L EDC Junkie!!!!!

3. mrdude42

mrdude42 Empty Pockets

Jerry L likes this.
  4. Nick4305
    • In Omnia Paratus

Nick4305 EDC Junkie!!!!!

What about a Civilian Lab iWallet ?

5. TARFU
    • In Omnia Paratus

TARFU EDC!!!!! Junkie

The whole phone holster on the belt thing is not a great look.

I'd buy a slim credit card wallet for the front pocket and get a sling, messenger or a small daypack for everything else including your phone - especially if you're carrying so much stuff in your wallet that it's causing lower back issues. ;)

6. thekapow

thekapow EDC Junkie!!!!!

Custom skinth!

7. RFA3

RFA3 Loaded Pockets

+1 On that!

8. FuriousGeorge

FuriousGeorge Loaded Pockets

+2 :)

Have you tried switching wallets? As long as you have decently sized pockets I would strongly suggest trying a slim wallet that allows stacking your cards in two stacks. Something from all-et or big skinny works great. Even loaded with a lot of junk my wallet is less than 1/4" thick. I carry in my front pocket, but you could probably continue carrying in the back if you get the thickness down. That or stuff a wad of napkins in the other side to balance it out like George Costanza.

http://www.all-ett.com/original-wallet/
    http://www.bigskinny.net/wallet-super-skinny-horizontal-pockets.html
    http://www.bigskinny.net/wallet-bifold-hipster.html

9. mrdude42

mrdude42 Empty Pockets

I think I may consider to just get some kind of messenger bag like tarfu said. What would be a good smallish bag/daypack? Any suggestions on that?

10. TARFU
    • In Omnia Paratus

TARFU EDC!!!!! Junkie

I'd check out the Hazard 4 Kato or Tonto if you'd like a small shoulder pack.

The Tom Bihn Synapse 19 is an excellent daypack with lots of organization for small items like wallets and phones. If your tastes lean towards the tactical then the RUSH 12 is a great little pack. So is the Camelbak HAWG.

For slings, may members here are liking the new Vanquest Javelin. It's an improvement on a Maxpedition design and available from the Forum Store.

11. gooseman1991

gooseman1991 Loaded Pockets

Wish I could offer a suggestion. I'll be watching this though. I also want my wallet out of my back pocket to avoid pick pockets and I want to get my iPhone out of my front pocket to make room for other stuff. I have looked at lots of wallets. Even tried making my own but for now what seems to work best for me is a checkbook style wallet, it gives me the organization I need and the length of the wallet spreads your stuff out so it is not so thick.

Goose

12. mrdude42

mrdude42 Empty Pockets