1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Need a small diameter AA light

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by Wildcat14, Oct 27, 2018.

1. assassin10000

assassin10000 Loaded Pockets

If you can deal with a twist style light the DQG Tiny AA may work for you. 17.8mm dia x 68mm long, made in either SS or Ti and has NW or CW LED's.

[​IMG]

You could also look into the DQG slim (1/2 AA, but with extension will work with AA) and uses a tail switch. It's also slightly smaller in diameter if a hair longer when setup for AA at 16.8mm x 77mm.

[​IMG]

Last edited by assassin10000, Oct 29, 2018
    #21 assassin10000, Oct 29, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
    PragmaticMurphyist likes this.
  2. Wildcat14

Wildcat14 Loaded Pockets

I need to check that one out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Wildcat14

Wildcat14 Loaded Pockets

I’m giving something a try before I buy another light. Although, I probably still will and appreciate the suggestions. After A.B.’s post yesterday about the pouch that came with the light, I dug around and found the one that did. It’s not much and I figured the Velcro wouldn’t last long with constant use so I added a snap to it for extra measure. I’m going to see how I like it. It’s two pouches instead of one but the whole setup is smaller than the maxpedition pouch I had everything in.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Blackbeagle
    • In Omnia Paratus

Blackbeagle Loaded Pockets

Super cheap choices - what about the Coast G20 or G25? The G20 is a 2xAAA penlight with inspection beam (moon beam - very even and very color correct), the G25 is 2xAA with decent run time.

5. Kev2488

Kev2488 Loaded Pockets

Im in HVAC and I normally never use my actual flashlight in my pocket but to maybe look at the job when I first get there just to see what im going to be working with then it immediately goes back into my pocket and I get the real lights either my Fenix HL55 or my various Milwaukee work lights and get to work. You cant do any serious work with one hand holding a flashlight and the other doing the work, Ive learned that awhile ago. Milwaukee makes some great lights for the HVAC trade, between their Rover, Radius and Rocket products you will find something give them a look.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

6. FiaOlleDog

FiaOlleDog Loaded Pockets

Agreed. And that's when a headlamp comes handy ;)

7. rdisom

rdisom Loaded Pockets

I'll offer my .02 and second the Streamlight Microstream. I carried the AAA version for years. They have the reverse pocket clip for sticking on a hat bill and have the tail switch. I have now switched to the USB rechargeable for work. It sits in my Leatherman sheath with a Wave, both bit holders and the bit extension. I have the same set up for after work except that sheath has a Skeletool instead of a wave, and AAA Microstream instead of rechargeable.

Moshe ben David likes this.
  8. assassin10000

assassin10000 Loaded Pockets

9. flux

flux Loaded Pockets

I think he said AA.

if he's open to AAA, I can recommend Zanflare F3. 3/35/150 mode tailclick with mode memory. Run times on low and med are very good. Usable mode spacing and well built.

I really like it!