1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Need a Pen

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by Ja5544, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Nusm

Nusm Loaded Pockets

I got one of the orange aluminum ones (orange is my favorite color), and it's light. Mine was pretty good quality, and I've seen them in orange (sometimes labeled red), yellow (a "brass" look, but really anodized aluminum) and black.

I hadn't used mine in a while because it is a little longer and bigger around than I like, but, inspired by Westerdutch's pic, I pulled it out today and headed to the local hardware store after work. I picked up some o rings and added them to the grooves like the one is his pic, and man do I like the look! I'm going to load it with an Easy Flow 9000 and carry it tomorrow.

If you want a good quality but cheaper Fellhoelter-type bolt pen, look up a CRKT Ruger bolt pen on eBay, they run about $25-$35. Brian Fellhoelter licensed his design to CRKT, so it's not really a knockoff, but an authorized variation. The biggest drawbacks are that it only comes in anodized black, and, the biggest negative to me, it has the word "RUGER" written down the side in big white letters. It has CRKT on the clip, and I could live with that, but that huge RUGER down the side is a turn off for me.

2. Fire Fighter

Fire Fighter Loaded Pockets

I'm a big Rotring pens and pencils user/fan/collector. Have a look at the Rotring Rapid Pro.

3. assassin10000

assassin10000 Loaded Pockets

Just an FYI, you can remove anodizing fairly easy with oven cleaner that has "lye" in it. If you prefer raw aluminum instead of whatever color item you have.

I've personally done this some aftermarket car parts. Preferred raw aluminum to match other parts, instead of the color it came.

Andrew

4. Westerdutch

Westerdutch Loaded Pockets

Yup, done this multiple times. Not with oven stuff but drain cleaner. Even made silly flame patterns in things :p But sanding sharp edges on a pen is one thing, working with caustic chemicals and toxic fumes is a different story altogether. The latter i would not easily recommend doing to anyone over the internet without knowing if hes ever worked with anything dangerous before.