1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Need a new watch

Discussion in 'Watches' started by Sparkdave, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Sparkdave

Sparkdave Loaded Pockets

So seeing as i only really own Gshocks. Great watches btw! Latest one is a mudman. Im after a new watch something a bit classier for the times im off work still needs to be waterproof and tough though. Have been looking at seiko orange monster but not sure of the face want to spend no more than 200 euro

Thanks guys

baconboyrlz likes this.
  2. Cody_2ZZ

Cody_2ZZ Loaded Pockets

Look into a Seiko 5. There is a decent range of prices, and variations in bands, etc. They're pretty tough and are all water resistant. Maybe an all-metal version?

Gazoo likes this.
  3. ypsifly

ypsifly Loaded Pockets

I also wear a Mudman while working, a GW9000A-1, and mostly wear Seikos while off the clock. I have both an orange and a black Monster and each has its place in my rotation. Cody_2ZZ mentioned the Seiko 5 line and there are some great alternatives to be found in that series. I have a SNZF45 that, while it doesn't have a the same depth rating due to the lack of screw down crown if that matters, more or less has the same durability and build quality of a "true" Monster, IMHO.

Cody_2ZZ likes this.
  4. sbillard

sbillard Loaded Pockets

Look at the Momentum watches. Bertucci may interest you too.

5. stockae92

stockae92 Loaded Pockets

If you like the Seiko orange monster if you are not sure if you are going to like the orange dial, then there is always a black monster for you to choice from :)

Or the SKX007 will give you a timeless classic case and dial, with the same reliable movement. It also looks great one all kinds of straps.

6. Sparkdave

Sparkdave Loaded Pockets

Are the orange monster straps easy to come by?

7. nitevision

nitevision Loaded Pockets

I second stockae92's suggestion. By the way, take a look at the SKX173 if the SKX007 isn't really your thing.
    If you mean NATO/ZULU straps, there shouldn't be much of a problem sourcing them. Though IIRC the Orange Monster uses 20mm straps as opposed to the 22mm used by the SKX007.