1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Need a new travel duffle HELP!!

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by jwhite75, Jan 14, 2012.

1. jwhite75

jwhite75 Loaded Pockets

So my usual Adidas travel duffle has seen its way better days my wife has a nice PINK brand bag I bought her for Christmas so for weekends away we just pack separate. So I think I need a new travel duffle

I have looked at the Max fliegerduffel and doppelduffel. I like bothy but want to look at other options especially if I cabins something a little cheaper and functional for what I what I will use it for.

Give me some ideas

2. Mumbojumboo
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Mumbojumboo EDC Junkie!!!!!

I've had a lot of success with REI stuff.

3. NeonLights

NeonLights Loaded Pockets

I was looking at the Maxped Fliegerduffel too, but it was out of stock most places, so I picked up an Oakley duffel of about the same size for half the price at Quartermaster. Seems to be built really well, but haven't loaded it down yet, or had the chance to take it on a trip yet. I did pick up a nice canvas and leather Cabelas duffle last year that I took on several trips and have been very happy with it.

4. TomWelch

TomWelch Loaded Pockets

5. jwhite75

jwhite75 Loaded Pockets

Not sure I like the look sof the BAD bags. Look a little cheesy if that makes sense.

6. NeonLights

NeonLights Loaded Pockets

They are available in all black, which is likely what I would get. The all black wouldn't look cheesy at all (but I'd agree that the multicolored ones do a little bit, and wouldn't be for me) and the moss/khaki one doesn't look too bad either.

7. balrog

balrog Loaded Pockets

Tom Bihn makes nice travel bags- not in a duffel form factor though.

Bad Bags and REI as mentioned above.

Eagle Creek

Red Oxx

8. aedmband21

aedmband21 Loaded Pockets

I'd go with the North Face Base Camp duffel.

9. Reid

Reid Loaded Pockets

I have and love the Red Oxx duffle. It's simple, built like a tank, and looks great. Check it out: no frills here.

10. Missed

Missed Loaded Pockets

I have a north face base camp duffel and I would put against any bag out there. It has lasted about 6 years of pretty hard use. If it ever wears out I will definitely buy another.

11. sarxsvt

sarxsvt Loaded Pockets

http://www.tombihn.com/page/001/PROD/100/TB0906

Pretty much the best bag I've ever flown with.

I used an Oakley 22" Roller for years, but eventually I got tired of trying to avoid people in the airports, get out of the way of the carts, get it through the aisles, dance with people who are walking too fast on their cell phones paying 0 attention to whats ahead of them dragging their rolling suitcase etc.

The Aeronaut is awesome for all those things, you can always "stuff" it overhead compartment, no problem getting 3 bags in with an Aeronaut, vs some planes where 2 of the more rigid carry on rollers are a struggle.

Get at least 1 packing cube for an end with it to keep your shirts nice and neat. If you regularly travel with 2 pair of shoes (Which I do, dress shoes and tennis shoes) the shoes go in the other end separated from your clothes. If you don't usually travel with more than 1 pair of shoes, I would recommend 2 packing cubes.

The biggest problem is, TB isn't cheap.

12. maasan

maasan Loaded Pockets

Noooo! This is why I hate reading this forum.
    Everyday someone refers to something fascinating and I'm always tormented by strong temptation.
    Perhaps I should stop visiting here before my wallet gets empty.

Ahhh, Aeronaut looks darn good for traveling, while Buzz seems to be a fabulous EDC slinger...

13. smithy

smithy Loaded Pockets

14. Blaker55

Blaker55 Loaded Pockets

I suggest you check out the Osprey Porter series of travel duffles.

15. jwhite75

jwhite75 Loaded Pockets

That seems to be the real problem it is twice as expensive as some of the other bags that are comparable and considering how I will use it, not wortht he extra coin.

Those loadouts looknice but have not organization to them just a big sack. If I do that Ill go Red OXX and get an American made bag. If I go Max it will probably be the Fleigerduffel.

16. jwhite75

jwhite75 Loaded Pockets

I gotta say I am loving the looks and the quality of the Red Oxx stuff.

17. dimeotane

dimeotane Loaded Pockets

Check out the duffle bags at MEC. Excellent value and build really well. I have the large one. It holds almost all our winter ski clothing.

18. CatfishTX

CatfishTX Loaded Pockets

I love my red oxx bags. Great zippers, lifetime guarantee, American made, bulletproof.

19. Schaferhund

Schaferhund Loaded Pockets

I've had a North Face Base Camp duffel for over ten years, and crossed the Atlantic with it many times. It's been used for everything from laundry to bungeed to the roof of my explorer full of coils of rope, and been stuffed to the point it's taken two or more people to close the zippers. It looks a little dirty, but there is no real sign of wear anywhere on it.

As I say, mine is over a decade old, and is the large version.. I have no idea if the new models are constructed as well, but if they are, I can't reccomend them enough.

I got red, mainly so I could spot it easily on conveyors etc.

20. TomWelch

TomWelch Loaded Pockets

Red Oxx seems to be the best value and they're easy to deal with.