1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Need a Gun Belt!

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by Denim_Chicken, Mar 23, 2016.

1. RVPhil

RVPhil Loaded Pockets

X2 for The Beltman I use my wilderness pretty frequently too.

2. StealthChaser13

StealthChaser13 Loaded Pockets

3. HyPnOtIk

HyPnOtIk Loaded Pockets

I really like the Hanks Amish Gun Belts. They are moderately priced and work great.

4. mrtwohands

mrtwohands Loaded Pockets

Received my new belt today. Hanks Amish. Seems to be of great quality and pretty think. This particular one is just shy of a quarter of an inch. Wore it today with my Shield 9mm. It felt great compared to my cheap belt I have worn for years. No sag, no flopping and no need to consistently readjust it. For the price I highly recommend it. $49 prime two day shipping on Amazon.com.

Here is a picture of my old belt and Hanks. [​IMG]

twin63 likes this.
  5. SOS24
    • +2 Supporter

SOS24 Loaded Pockets

I would go with 1.5in belt because it fits pants belt loops better and more holsters available with 1.5".

I've discovered I prefer nylon belts especially my Volund Gearworks Atlas G-hook, which is my favorite. It is nice and sturdy without being too stiff and the g-hook is not as bulky as a lot of buckles. I also have and really like a leather belt from A Better Belt which is nice for dressier occasions.

6. thisendgoesboom

thisendgoesboom Empty Pockets

The Ares Aegis is probably the best EDC belt I have ever worn. My gunbelt can't be too stiff and the aegis is definitely that. Plus with the friction bar buckle it is infinitely adjustable in much finer amounts than a standard leather gunbelt with holes punched in it. Stiffness = stability and consistency in your draw stroke. Prior to that I had a Comptac leather with kydex sandwiched between the layers which was pretty good for leather. Both are fairly expensive but well worth the cost, IMHO.

twin63 and jkwithawave like this.
  7. ScoutMedic

ScoutMedic Loaded Pockets

I have been wearing a "the Wilderness Titanium Instructor Belt" with the plastic insert and reinforced stitching for about 4-5years now. The "Combat Shooter Model" (C.S.M.) adds the extra rigidity you need to CCW.
    http://www.thewilderness.com/belts/easy-fit-titanium-instructor-belt-out-of-stock-returning-soon/

Last year I had the nylon portion replaced and just had to send in the Titanium Buckle in for the replacement Nylon. The sizing is true to size as I ordered a replacement in XL and I since am a 38" waist... When I am not CCW with a IWB Holster, I have to swing the buckle all the way to the left belt loop when tightening so I can swing it back so the tip of the belt will slide through the right side belt loop on every type pant/ shorts I am wearing.

When I CCW with an IWB holster ( which is not often) this extra room allows for easy application of my holster and I do not have to shimmy it around to tuck the belt tip. when I do CCW it is a Galco "SOB Small of Back" https://www.galcogunleather.com/sob-small-of-back-holster_8_4_1283.html

It supports a SIG226 inverted with no twisting of the weight.