1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Need a cell phone holster + !

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by Gnarly, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Gnarly
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gnarly Loaded Pockets

I like the NiteIze,but the belt hook has broken off my last two.Won't buy another.

And stopped carrying the two bigger ones I own,because I don't want to lose stuff off a pack or bag,unnoticed.

My phone is only 2" wide X 4" tall X 5/8" thick,but my IDEAL case would be big enough to also hold my Maratac AAA and my AGRussell One-Hand Knife & maybe a space pen, preferably in compartments around/behind the phone.

I'm not a big fan of velcro,but have lived with it on my last two.Can sew on quick-connect buckles,etc. if modification is needed.

Cannot believe out of all my pouches & MOLLE stuff,I don't have a single item that works well for this!

Open to suggestions....

----Gnarly :evilgrin:

2. LivingUpNorth

LivingUpNorth Loaded Pockets

I have a Maxpedition cell phone holder for my Casio G Z One Boulder. It has a quick release buckle which is good since all of my previous cases lasted about 1 month before the velcro wore out. They make them in several sizes, so you could probably get a larger one if you wanted to put more stuff in it. The sides of the case are stretch panels, so you could probably clip a knife/light to it.

You can attach it with malice clip/tac-tie/etc. or use the belt clip which is a single piece of springy, flat metal, approximately 1 inch wide. I don't forsee this clip breaking.

My phone is pretty chunky and not terribly wide, so it's a snug fit. That's fine though, it won't fall out.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. unterhund

unterhund Empty Pockets

I'll be interested to know what comes of this. I've been trying to find a holster that will hold my cell and my Leatherman, but no luck. The Nite-Ize isn't quite what I'm looking for, but I've had no luck otherwise.

4. Herbie

Herbie Empty Pockets

I need to shoot some better pictures (cameraphone needs a macro mode!) but I did up a DIY that was similar to one of the NiteIze cargos but better suited for my blackberry.

I carry a BB Pearl 8100 (the more "phone-like" blackberry) and the real blackberry holsters have (besides the regular magnet closure) a nice feature of an extra magnet that actually puts the phone into "holster" mode. (Saves power, changes ring profiles, etc.). Since NiteIze (or anybody else) doesn't make a phone-holster-with-extra-storage that includes the "holster magnet", I had to do my own.

For my prototype I started with an older blackberry leather case from T-Mobile (got it with my phone) that had elastic sides, then added an extra loop of 2" wide elastic banding "parallel" to the elastic sides. This holds my Fenix E01 light (needed to get it off my keychain, which was the reason for the project.) On the prototype I added a loop underneath the flashlight since I was worried about the light dropping out if the elastic was loose. I've since added a pocket clip to the light and learned to do the sewing (hand-stitching) better so I will omit this on the next version.

For the next version I'll do a similar mod to my replacement holster (same holster but less worn-out), and add another loop on the other side for something else. Probably won't be a pen since I did a DIY "wallet pen" a while back for that need, but there's no reason a fisher pen wouldn't fit in that space.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. ryball

ryball Empty Pockets

fyi, a quick call or email will get you a replacement. I don't carry anything in mine that I value anymore, because the same thing happened to me, but I got two brand new replacements anyway.

Check out Ripoffs. They have metal clips. http://www.ripoffs.com/index.html

6. Gnarly
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gnarly Loaded Pockets

Ryball: Like the look of the Ripoffs...didn't see a dealer anywhere nearby,but ya get that a lot! in Resume Speed,KY.... will pursue that tomorrow.And I'll contact NiteIze re: replacement.If I get one,I'll sew it to a bag or strap...I don't trust 'em not to fail,otherwise.Thanx!

To unterhound: look at the Maxped 'Anemone',for multi-tool + phone.

And to LivingUpNorth: Thanx! for reminding me to look at Maxped.A few years ago,their small case selection was kinda lame; the newer generation stuff looks great.

I liked the looks of your Maxp phone holster,and especially like the PDA case,which is almost exactly the size I need.And has a flap over the top,instead of a strap.

(I've never been accused of being graceful!)

7. unterhund

unterhund Empty Pockets

Better, but what I'd really like is something closer to the Max H1, with a phone pouch instead of the generic belt pouch portion. Easy access to the multitool and the phone, you know?

8. Gnarly
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gnarly Loaded Pockets

O0
    Thanx,Ryball!

NiteIze cheerfully agreed to replace my broken one-2 year warranty on it!

9. Gnarly
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gnarly Loaded Pockets

Forgot to add: I'll sew a 'safety loop' on it,just in case!