1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Need a case with organization for my multimeter

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by callforfire, Nov 30, 2014.

1. callforfire
    • In Omnia Paratus

callforfire Loaded Pockets

So I've had a Fluke 87V for several years and have yet to find a good way to keep it all together. The meter itself is a brick, but add to that all the leads, probes, break-outs, hooks, clips, clamps, spare battery & fuses and so on. It's become a brick wrapped in a tangle of wire.

What I'm looking for is some sort of soft case with a main compartment for the meter and some sort of way to keep all the other bits & pieces in a neat and untangled fashion. A spot for my weller/portasol iron would be a plus too.

Thanks!

2. Rasthor

Rasthor Loaded Pockets

Possibly the Fluke C345. I use a C116, but I don't know how well an 80 series would fit in it.

3. callforfire
    • In Omnia Paratus

The disappointment from the case that came with my meter had me overlooking fluke brand cases. Thanks for the suggestion it looks like one of those C series cases will do the trick.
    I'm digging through my stuff trying to make something work. This is what I'm running so far.
    [​IMG]

ran23, Hendy, thePlumbah and 2 others like this.
  4. Rasthor

Rasthor Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]
    You might try a camera bag from your friendly local place with Mart in the name. Some of the larger ones meet your criteria, this is one I've used in the past.

vinniec5 likes this.
  5. echo victor

echo victor Previously "YankeeHotelFoxtrot"

I have a Fluke at home (not sure of the model), and it came with its own case. That said, I got an email the other day from Maxpedition on a new case. Its called the Narrow Look Bag. The SKU is PT1315K. You can find it that way. It's $100, tho, but its nice looking!

6. CatherineM
    • In Omnia Paratus

CatherineM Loaded Pockets

You should take a look over in the ladies department at makeup or jewelry travel cases.

Sent by owl post.

ran23 likes this.
  7. 0dBm

0dBm Loaded Pockets

I use an old, leather mens toiletry zip-top bag made by Dopp.

8. vinniec5

vinniec5 Loaded Pockets

Look for an EOD pouch/bag or maybe an SOTech IFAK pouch the full size one. It opens like a clamshell and can hold quite a lot of stuff

9. ran23
    • In Omnia Paratus

ran23 Loaded Pockets

size? oh, got a 87 III here at the desk.

10. marsos52

marsos52 Loaded Pockets

Veto pro bags has a multi meter bag designed for meters. its awesome, I know because I have one.

can't take a picture for you because I keep it at work.

just go to there website..

11. callforfire
    • In Omnia Paratus

Thanks for all the suggestions! I'm going back and forth between EOD & the veto pro pac.

12. kevinwho

kevinwho Loaded Pockets

Bump. What did you go with in the end callforfire ? What's the organiser you have pictured above? has anyone a fluke87 in a maxpedition case ? In looking at options and the beefy seems a good option if a little lose. Pictures would be great to see the fit.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

callforfire likes this.
  13. AlgoOPC

AlgoOPC Loaded Pockets

The Haz 4 Reveille might do what you want. I have one and I used it for my Fluke 87 for a year or so.

callforfire likes this.
  14. callforfire
    • In Omnia Paratus

I've been pretty busy and still struggling with the cheesy condor tt pouch. All things considered its working out ok, just really snug with what I have in it, plus it has no room for any of my break outs. Looking at the maxpud beefy, I'd guess it's going to be snug with much more than the meter and leads at only 6"(L) x 2.5"(W) x 8"(H). That 2.5W is what looks a bit small to me. Although I could be wrong, I haven't tried it, so It may work fine for your needs.
    I'm liking that Reveille for its size and features.
    I really need to get around to getting something better than what I'm using.

15. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

Have you looked at the Veto Pro Pak Meter cases?
    I carry my 87 just loose by itself but then all the accessories in a Fluke case for just them,it works just OK but the meter itself is fine not in any case at all as are all of my Flukes.

16. kevinwho

kevinwho Loaded Pockets

Thanks for all the responses. I have mine in a cheap fluke knock-off at the minute but the quality is not there. I'm not in a hurry to find something as it's just my home meter which doesn't get much use. I'm just interested in other options.
    I've looked into the veto pro mb, in fact I have a veto pro LC but I was looking for something more compact.

Here's some pictures of my current setup because we all love pictures

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

@ Ezdog in case you don't know you can reverse the meter in its holster as pictured for extra protection if you just carry it loose.

[​IMG]

I've damaged the input sockets on one of these before by just throwing it in with tools with the leads plugged in, the solder cracked, a fairly easy fix but on another one was asked to repair the input leg was broken and the replacement input socket was $50 from fluke, these were both heavily used examples.

ran23 likes this.
  17. ran23
    • In Omnia Paratus

ran23 Loaded Pockets

Just reversed my 87 III, good to know!

kevinwho likes this.
  18. Sriracha

Sriracha Loaded Pockets

County comm had a meter bag for a while. I know they are not too popular here, but check it out.

kevinwho likes this.
  19. callforfire
    • In Omnia Paratus

Hazard 4 quick dump pic...
    [​IMG]

Decided to take a chance on the Reveille with the thought in mind that if it didn't work out for this, I'd just use it for personal hygiene go bag in to keep in the truck.
    It does work well enough for this, if a bit sparse on internal organization. It holds all my stuff and appears to have room for the rest of it. I'll try to follow up with pics of it packed and zipped.
    So far, this is a win.

20. ran23
    • In Omnia Paratus

ran23 Loaded Pockets

Which Soldering gun? things are probably different from my 8 yr old Master Appliance.