1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Need a bag for range days

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by wahoowad, Jul 30, 2016.

1. wahoowad

wahoowad Loaded Pockets

I have an old Craftsman tool bag that I've used for years to haul my gun tools and ammo to the pistol/rifle range. It worked but lacked organization so everything sooner or later made it's way to the bottom and I was constantly sifting through it trying to find whatever I needed. At times I'd make it to the range with the bag, only to discover I had left something at home because I had pulled it out to use at home and didn't put it back. I assumed it was in the bag because the bag held so much junk and looked like everything was in it.... :furious:

Now I'd like to get a decent medium size range bag to hold certain essentials like tools, hearing protection, 4 to 6 boxes of ammo, a few pistols, stapler, etc. I generally keep cleaning gear in a separate fishing tackle box and will continue to keep that stuff organized there. This way I can walk from my vehicle to the rangeline carrying my range bag and cleaning box and that will handle most of my stuff. I can make a separate trip if I need to bring any long guns or steel targets up.

Leaning more towards low/moderate price and less high price. I initially was picturing a traditional 'tote' style but would be open to a shoulder/backpack style too provided the organization was sufficient to keep gear from tumbling around.

Thanks

2. thekapow

thekapow EDC Junkie!!!!!

If you are looking at a backpack, maybe the new ignitor from 5.11 will fit you?
    It has clamshell opening which makes it very easy to load and unload at the table, and organisation pockets. Can carry your long gun as well.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Zirk208

Zirk208 Loaded Pockets

The LAPG Bailout Bag has served me well. It can fill up quick though with a few pistols, spare mags, ammo boxes, staple gun, staples, targets, ear pro, and a few odd tools.
    If I had to do it over again, I would get the XL version.
    http://www.lapolicegear.com/jumbo-bailout-bag.html

Last edited by Zirk208, Jul 30, 2016
  4. billwilson

billwilson Loaded Pockets

California Legal

Lockable

No, not kidding

[​IMG]

Sent from St. Somewhere

5. Dirty Rod

Dirty Rod Loaded Pockets

Midway has several range bags that are popular and very affordable. I've been using the Compact for 6-7 years and should handle what you listed. If not, there is a large bag as well.

6. wahoowad

wahoowad Loaded Pockets

Come on guys, this is weak. Credit card ready to fast-rope out of my wallet and you guys are chasing friggin' pokomans.

What's the deal with Amazon Prime and Voodoo tactical bags? I'm considering the Voodoo Responder but it isn't offered on prime. I was gonna buy a couple bags at once and return the losers who don't measure up.

justlooking likes this.
  7. kirbysdl
    • In Omnia Paratus

kirbysdl Loaded Pockets

Yup, this. We needed something big, dumb, and cheap, so we got the medium size (between AR and compact sizes). Takes three pistols in their soft cases, tons of ammo, two pairs of ears, extra mags, etc. for when my wife and I go to the range. It's not the best-designed or best-constructed, but really cheap for what you get and offers sufficient organization for our needs.

If you need to carry a ton of gear, the AR-15 size is currently on sale for $50 (every color except multicam) at midway.