1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Nebo flashlights

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by cooper wafzig, Dec 1, 2018.

1. cooper wafzig

cooper wafzig Empty Pockets

Have any of you picked up or heard of nebo flashlights? I was in the local outdoor/camping store today and ran upon them. They're smaller models seem like the olites. I picked up the redline model for 15$. They had one that was brighter and came with a headband for 35$ and looked pretty much like an s1 baton. Wondering if any of yall have thoughts on these flashlights. I tried the search function on tapatalk and nothing came up [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2. earthman

earthman EDC Junkie!!!

I got their Cryket model the other month, the magnetic base and twisty head swung it for me. It's an additional work light to me, it's got some nice features but lacks some, no long term mode memory for example.

3. ramjet

ramjet Loaded Pockets

I always see nebo plastic yellow “work” lights at the front counter of autozone. I know lots of mechanic types that keep a few in their boxes. But that edc pocket type has peaked my interest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. cooper wafzig

My initial impressions from the light I got say go for it. I'm gonna pick up one of the s1 baton lookalikes for myself and probably one for a white elephant with the guys. I'm sure that will be a good value as well

ramjet likes this.
  5. ramjet

ramjet Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]
    This is the one that goes for like 8 bucks and seems like a decent work light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. cooper wafzig

They had those in display at the store as well. Multiple sizes I believe. Very bright

7. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

Piques my interest -- especially the one that @earthman described with the twisty head and magnetic base. I'll be keeping my eyes open...

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

update: as I said, it piqued my interest. So I just jumped on Amazon to see (a) if they had it; and (b) what sort of reviews. umm. I'm not so interested now. I was looking at the 'Redline' version, the small one. I'd suggest anyone interested take a look there and draw your own conclusions. Just sayin' ;)

Moshe

Last edited by Moshe ben David, Dec 3, 2018
    #7 Moshe ben David, Dec 3, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
    Wishoot likes this.
  8. Foulwind

Foulwind Loaded Pockets

The light Ramjet posted is very bright, but the plastic body has issues with the bottom battery cap. I have one, its blue, and after only a few months of use the battery cap started to not lock properly.(Twist 1/4 turn to lock) I've replaced that lamp with a NEBO "LiL Larry" metal version. It's basically the same lamp only with an aluminum body and screw on battery cap (With a pretty strong magnet imbedded in it) I EDC mine while at work and fortunately get free batteries for it at work which is good, as my only complaint with these little LED lamps is they are battery hungry! I use mine almost every night (Maintenance Tech in wafer fab) while inside or under semiconductor manufacturing tools.

9. wheelsoffreedom76

wheelsoffreedom76 Loaded Pockets

I have the big larry and the little larry cobb work lights (both metal). I use them extensively in auto repair. Harbor freight has a knock off of the big larry that works real nice too and is around $5, I use it a lot as well to save my nebos from so much wear and tear. All three have magnet bases, but the harbor freight is not nearly as strong a magnet.

10. earthman

earthman EDC Junkie!!!