1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Neatfreak Organiser: Is it big enough?

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by RichFish, Feb 4, 2009.

1. RichFish

RichFish Empty Pockets

Hi there,

I'm looking for a man-bag to put my new netbook in. I've got a Jumbo and it will fit (just) but it means I can't take any lunch to work. I've been looking at the Neatfreak but I am unsure as to whether it will fit and would appreciate some input from some people that own one.

My Netbook is an Advent 4213 and is 10.25 inches x 7.25 inches x 1.75 inches.

The reason for my confusion is that on www.ee33.co.uk it seems it would fit, whereas on maxpedition.com, it seems it doesn't. Now, I don't know if that is the manufacturer being conservative or the retailer being overoptimistic (and measuring externals).

I'm not fixed on the Neatfreak so if anybody can suggest a suitable alternative, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Rich

2. ViennaGambit

ViennaGambit Loaded Pockets

There is NO WAY your laptop would fit in the neatfreak. Do a search for some pictures on here and you should see.

There are much better bags out there for your use.

3. RichFish

RichFish Empty Pockets

Thanks for that. I'm aware of plenty of other products; I just wanted to adaptability the Neatfreak may give me. My netbook (a lot smaller than a normal laptop) is only 10.25 inches and the MaxP site says the bag is 9.5 inches while the UK retailer says 11; hence my confusion as to whether these are internal or external measurements.

Regards

Richard

4. Splusmer

Splusmer Empty Pockets

Maxpedition's new Jeroboam "Gear Bag" may be good--it lists an overall size of 11"x6.5"x9", and it's got a padded bottom on it (and internal pocket?). It's got a horizontal orientation (unlike the Neatfreak's vertical), but doesn't look to be overly large. I don't see it on their site yet, but it's in their Spring 2009 catalog.

I've also wondered if their "Pistol Case/ Gun Rug" could work for a Netbook. One is 8x12x2--just the right size. They don't come with a shoulder strap included, but do have D rings for adding one, and do have a grab handle (again, they are oriented horizontally). No PALS webbing on the outside, either (although there is a "loop field" for velcro patches), so a reduced "tactical" look if that's an issue.

5. RichFish

RichFish Empty Pockets

Thanks for that, it's really useful. I will keep an eye out for the Jeroboam.

I had seen the pistol case and am considering it. I do like the adaptability of MOLLE / PALS so will wait and see what the Jeroboam looks like before I make any decision.

I've also looked at the Civilian Labs Ventrapack as a possible as well; I will investigate all further.

Regards

Richard

6. Splusmer

Splusmer Empty Pockets

Ooo, yeah, I forgot about the Ventripack. I don't know if I could get away with the chest mount for the pack (except under a coat/jacket), but shoulder-slung it might work too.

7. ViennaGambit

ViennaGambit Loaded Pockets

8. RichFish

RichFish Empty Pockets

The Kifaru bags look interesting. I'll add them to my list for consideration.

Cheers,

Richard