1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Nathawut's Spyderco Southard, Super Conductor Edition!

Discussion in 'Knives' started by Kraid, Apr 7, 2014.

1. Kraid

Kraid Loaded Pockets

Greetings, EDCF!

I recently sent a Spyderco Southard to Nath along with my Super Conductor scraps from my SC/LSCF Super Roadhouse project and a few specifics that I wanted to see in the knife. What Nath kicked back to me is jawdroppingly beautiful!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

He did so much work on it that I'm bound to miss something, but here it goes. He contoured the existing framelock, built a new single piece non-locking side slab of Ti, inlayed my Super Conductor as a bolster, drilled 3 holes in the scale, blasted them, then drilled three larger holes around those holes and then polished those chamfers. He used another SC scrap to make the over travel stop and he custom built a solid Ti clip that features his signature point on the end and beautifully matches the spirit of the knife's design. He improved the lanyard hole, made the thumb relief more comfortable, contoured the SC and Ti to match the stock scale, milled his new Ti slab to function with the captured bearing system and somehow even managed to improve the detent and flipping action. Whoooo. That's alot of words. Hope you enjoyed as much as I did! :)

Afore mentioned Super Conductor Super Roadhouse:
    [​IMG]

2. farnorthdan
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

farnorthdan Loaded Pockets

Wow.....that's one sick looking southard, been wanting one for a while now but now the stock model just seems so plain.

Kraid likes this.
  3. KeyeEl

KeyeEl EDC Junkie!!!!!

Not sure if I've ever referred to a knife as beautiful before now but that thing certainly is!

Kraid likes this.
  4. Kraid

Kraid Loaded Pockets

Thanks, guys! Loving having it in my pocket!