1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Name one thing that you carry that you think no one else on here does.

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by monkeysfistmaker, Jan 9, 2010.

1. Max Archer

Max Archer Loaded Pockets

A late '70s Nikon EM, with 35mm 2.5 and 100mm 2.8 Series E lenses. Currently loaded with Fujichrome Velvia 50, got a roll of Ilford 400 B&W for when that's gone.

[​IMG]
    Paracord camera wristlet. by MaxArcher, on Flickr

Made a paracord thingy for it.

Moshe ben David likes this.
  2. able_man
    • In Omnia Paratus

able_man Loaded Pockets

Nice! I have my dad's early 70s Canon.

3. CatherineM
    • In Omnia Paratus

CatherineM Loaded Pockets

I still have my Minolta SRT-202 in the closet. I just can't bring myself to part with it. Come to think of it, I think it still has wedding photos in it.
    [​IMG]

4. Narcosynthesis

Narcosynthesis Loaded Pockets

I can take your Nikon EM and raise you an FM and FM2 ;)

The FM2 is currently loaded with Kodak T-max (@6400 ISO), the FM with Ilford FP4 (I think, whichever is 125 ISO in the blue spool...) and trading a 50mm f1.8 and 35mm f2.8 back and forth.

Fantastic cameras, and a complete joy to use compared to my modern digitals - no menu's, no arguing when the focus misses and a lovely compact and bombproof body.

5. Max Archer

Max Archer Loaded Pockets

Nice, I was just thinking about buying an FM, FE, or one of the -2 versions. An FE and an F100 were stolen from my apartment years ago while I was out of town, along with everything else of value, fortunately I had all my digital gear and my laptop with me, and my 4x5" camera was loaned to a friend, so I didn't lose anything more valuable than a low-end TV.

The EM is a little bit frustrating since it's aperture priority only. With a modern camera it's not a problem, but the metering on the EM is a lot more primitive, and makes me wish I had a little more control.

The next outlay on film gear will be medium format, though. I have a Mamiya C33, which broke a few months ago, and it looks like an overhaul will be around $300, which has me wondering if I should get a 645 SLR instead.

6. Sidetracker

Sidetracker Loaded Pockets

I haven't read all the pages of posts for this thread so if someone already mentioned it, forgive me. I carry a deck of cards. Never know when I might get tied up somewhere and need something to do to pass time.

7. nukehayes

nukehayes Loaded Pockets

I carry the upper ring of an old mechanical seal from a pump that my buddies and I had to replace underway on my submarine so that we could make water. One of the best times on the boat. I can't wait to get back to another sub. Shore duty is great and all, but..... I miss it.

8. assoc

assoc Loaded Pockets

I always carry my Hill-Side chambray pocket square.

9. Haffner

Haffner Loaded Pockets

Wiha system 4

Like this.
    Plus a complete set of system 4 nut drivers from 1.5 - 4 mm and 3/32 - 1/4".
    Look here for all the goodies.
    They take up little space and do an excellent job.

+ Yves Saint Laurent Pour Homme...

10. RottingxZombie

RottingxZombie Loaded Pockets

The Pick of Destiny!
    [​IMG]

11. darth_guy101

darth_guy101 Loaded Pockets

An 1892 Morgan dollar. Just something to play around with when I get nervous.

12. Myth90045

Myth90045 Loaded Pockets

I am currently carrying a 1/2 ozt 2012 year of the dragon coin with me. That is until I can get my hands on a 1 ozt dragon.

13. Harold Hill

Harold Hill Loaded Pockets

Beading kit. I have a case that came with eyeglasses that has glass seed beads, needles, thread, pillbox for holding the beads currently being used, paper ruler folded up, and fingernail clippers for cutting thread. It gives me something to do when stuck someplace for a while and lets me make gifts for my wife and daughters. (The last time I had a trip to South Korea I spent almost all of both flights working on my wife's Christmas necklace.)

-Harold Hill

14. CT_Underdog

CT_Underdog Empty Pockets

I always keep a small tube of superglue in my maxpedition micro.
    Of all the EDC vids and posts i've come across, don't think I've ever seen someone carry it. Superglue is tantamount to sorcery in my opinion - it has got me out of a LOT of sticky situations in the past. (Pun intended).

15. enki_ck

enki_ck Loaded Pockets

Not so new or rare around this parts I'm afraid. ;D But a great piece of kit to have on you.:thumbsup:

16. CT_Underdog

CT_Underdog Empty Pockets

You got me! How about... a bic mini lighter with a quarter-inch split ring fed through the hole at the front?

17. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

Huh, super glue has gotten me into sticky situations...

18. rocketdog

rocketdog Loaded Pockets

I was just about to post "leash" but I decided to do a search first. Geez, I thought I was special.

I made mine out of bright orange paracord. Took forever!

19. Snowcat

Snowcat Empty Pockets

I carry syringes, three different sizes. was on a hike once ran into a guy who needed to take an insulin shot and broke his needle, i usually just carry them to clean out cuts and stuff, but it was still in the sterile packaging so i gave it to him.

20. Nickortizzle1035

Nickortizzle1035 Loaded Pockets

that seems like a good idea, but with my luck i would get pulled over and the cop would think im shooting up