1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Name one thing that you carry that you think no one else on here does.

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by monkeysfistmaker, Jan 9, 2010.

1. monkeysfistmaker

monkeysfistmaker Loaded Pockets

This could be in a bag, you car, or on your person. In my bag, it has to be handmade all natural non-fragranced dreadlock shampoo. In my car, chemistry beakers that are kept in a Pelican 1550 case. I don't carry many things that I wouldn't suspect other people to carry on their person. Well, I do carry a #22 scalpel blade, sterilized and packaged, in my wallet. Anybody else carry anything odd?

2. newtothis007

newtothis007 Loaded Pockets

!!!!!!!!!! My Drivers License !!!!!!!!!

3. phorsaken1

phorsaken1 Loaded Pockets

I always wear a titanium necklace with a Saint Florian Medal attached.(Patron Saint of firefighters)

4. Valerian

Valerian Tea-powered admin

Depends on how you think about it. Like newtothis said, we all have unique driver's licences, but on the other hand, nearly everyone has one. Same goes for wedding rings and prescription glasses and a lot of other things. Heck, even the paper money in your wallet is supposed to have unique serial numbers, but that doesn't mean they are anything special.

I can't really think of anything right now. I have some oddities in the closet that might make the claim, but to be honest, I don't really carry them every day. My normal stuff is pretty normal, I guess. Well, at least on this forum...

Beej64 likes this.
  5. dennis123123

dennis123123 Loaded Pockets

I carry two scalpel blades in my wallet -- you are not alone here :)
    (one rounded, one straight incase you were wondering)

6. 50ft-trad

50ft-trad Loaded Pockets

7. Krustofski

Krustofski Loaded Pockets

Ah, man, you destroyed my punchline. I was going to write "picture of my fiancé".

I do carry a 1.5 ml microcentrifuge tube, filled with my emergeny antihistamine drops. It was the only small, leakproof, 100% chem resistant / inert container I could find. Plus, 1.3 ml is exactly the standard dose that'll prevent my from going into an anaphylactic shock, should I have a close encounter with the wrong bee.

8. revs
    • In Omnia Paratus

revs Loaded Pockets

Thor's Hammer pendant around my neck on a paracord covered beaded chain. And a hand carved rune in my RF pocket. All day every day.

ChaGheill and strongblackcoffee like this.
  9. heathah

heathah Loaded Pockets

I always keep a $2 bill in my wallet. I'm sure others might carry one of these too, though.

Heath

FL Woods Bum likes this.
  10. spyguy

spyguy Loaded Pockets

lock picks.. they just fit in to my notebook cover and thats where they stay

11. Spydermonkey

Spydermonkey Loaded Pockets

A blessed police prayer challenge coin in the front plate pocket of my ballistic vest

kensington likes this.
  12. r-ice
    • In Omnia Paratus

r-ice Loaded Pockets

13. DozerDog

DozerDog Empty Pockets

For many years I carried a handcuff "Shim" for picking handcuffs.

Why you ask ?

I don't blame you for asking, I would have.

Many years ago while wrestling w/a robbery suspect, my partner grabbed my hinge cuffs from my belt and tried to cuff the suspect, after several minutes of ground fighting he ended up w/ my chain cuffs on the correct way and my hinge cuff both on one wrist with he keyholes together. When I asked my partner why he thought that was a good idea he just shrugged. Only way to get them off was the shim.

14. jegrundh

jegrundh Loaded Pockets

cross type pendant around my neck that i got for confirmation along with a st. christopher medallion (patron saint of travelers), all that on a stainless steel chain. Also carry the last letter from my gf in my wallet :)

15. Chief-Yeah

Chief-Yeah Loaded Pockets

what exactly is a handcuff shim,any pics by any chance ? Wouldn't that be illegal to carry ?

16. FRagman1967

FRagman1967 Loaded Pockets

I carry a Go-En, a Japanese 5 Yen coin in my wallet. It is supposed to be a good luck thing, but when I travel to Japan with my buddies, we always spend the old coin and select a newer one from our change and carry that coin, til the next trip.

17. FRagman1967

FRagman1967 Loaded Pockets

Glad to see someone else here wears a Mjolnir! Mine is the Icelandic version, with the dragon head. My buddy from Kopavogi brought it out for me. Are you Asa Tru? :highfive:

18. Cane Toad

Cane Toad Empty Pockets

Licorice root! Got hooked on a school trip to Williamsburg in the 7th grade. Absolute life-saver when I quit smoking 7-1/2 years ago.

19. Sam Quint

Sam Quint Empty Pockets

20. GRIFFINHAWKS

GRIFFINHAWKS Banned

Interesting you should ask .. Most of us here carry unique and different items everyday that most people don't ..
    Some [allot] of those are also unique and hand crafted .. KNIFES/FLASHLIGHTS/TOOLS Etc. ..
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I have posted this many times because it is unique/one of a kind/ and hand crafted by 3 different craftsman ..
    The 'skull' is carved from roadkill dear antler, the 'pick' was made years ago by a machinist ..
    and the sheath was made by me .. 'Mr. Pokey' is used almost every day in many ways ..

This also brings to mind that sometimes I intentaily leave where i'm living with nothing but my cigarette lighter and some change ..
    It some how brings a feeling of freedom and weightlessness .. Then I turn around to go back and gear up ASAP !!!

BE WELL .. GH