1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Name a piece of EDC gear you sold/traded off, that you regret letting go of.

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by hobbydad, Sep 17, 2010.

1. hobbydad

hobbydad Empty Pockets

I know I've done it, and I'm sure most of you have too. Sold or traded off a prized piece of gear, only to want it back later. Most have more than one, lol, myself included. I can think of a few very nice or rare guns and knives I've let go, so I'll start it there.

My Les Baer/Para Ordanance SRP, 1 of 272 made I believe.

2. Boy SureFire

Boy SureFire May The Bridges I Burn Light The Way

-Benchmade MiniGrip 555HG.
    -Benchmade Vex.
    -SureFire E1D that I built from an E1B body & E2D parts.
    -SureFire E1E
    -SureFire C3
    -SureFire 6P

3. hobbydad

hobbydad Empty Pockets

We used to have a small local gun shop ran by a retired police officer here in town. He loved Benchmades, and had a constant flow of pre-production/numbered knives that he sold to anyone at normal retail. Hell of a nice guy. I bought alot of those from him myself, and have since parted with every one of them. I really would like a few back, have had my eye out for another 690 for awhile, but the market for them has reached a level I am not willing to go to.

While I'm at it I'll add another gun to the list, my Kimber Ultra Elite. Bought from the very same gun shop in '99, their first run, 1/2000 I think. Quality of that first run was unbelieveable.

4. Synaptic Misfire
    • In Omnia Paratus

Synaptic Misfire Loaded Pockets

I won't sell a gun unless I bought it as an investment, I become emotionally attached to my gear. As far as knives I only buy what I use and I use it until it is done.

5. tonester

tonester Loaded Pockets

to many for me to mention. one that i really do regret is selling my XM-18 3" Flipper. i bought it at the inflated second market price and i just couldnt afford to keep it :(

sold and traded a couple of Atwoods i wish i wouldve kept.

6. hardcider75

hardcider75 Loaded Pockets

2 things jump to mind;

1. My Emerson Custom Commander that I got at the Pasadena Knife Show this past year. That was an absolute thrill hearing my name called in the lottery and getting to go to the table and pick my knife. It was my first, and probably my last, custom knife. I brought it home and it sat in a drawer for 2 weeks before I had to sell it. That hurt.

2. Gen II Strider SNG #22 Black on Black with original style pivot and BOS heat treat stamp.

I bought it used with a tan Strider zippered pouch for $300 on another forum. I carried it almost everyday after it arrived. The story was that when Strider first developed the SNG they were only gonna make 100 a year, hence the numbering.

I owned it for about 3 months and then had to sell it due to financial difficulties.

7. somber

somber Banned

I haven't sold or traded any of my gear, but I've given several away and while I don't regret giving them away, I do miss them. Just a few SF flashlights and a few Benchmade knives, nothing that I can't replace, and it made the person receiving it feel good. I enjoy giving something really nice away knowing that the person receiving it has no idea how awesome the gift is, except that they 'can't find a flashlight as bright for some reason'. It makes me incredibly happy, actually.

8. hobbydad

hobbydad Empty Pockets

Well said Somber, I also enjoy giving something special to a friend or family member. My younger brother and I pass things back and fourth often. I've given him a few of my Benchmades, an original AFO and a model 42 ti-butterfly. Last November for my 40th birthday he gave me a Kahr PM9 and a Cold Steel Hatamoto (I love nice tanto blades), both have been in my EDC since. At christmas time I usually pick up a nice knife and a decent flashlight for all the "guys" in the family, last year it was Mag 3D leds & Ka-Bar USMC's, lol. While the knives wheren't very practical, you should have seen the looks on their faces, priceless.

9. cap6888
    • In Omnia Paratus

cap6888 Loaded Pockets

Easy.........my Maxped Mongo. I should have given it more time and tried repacking/reorganzing things. After seeing more pics/threads, I have some ideas on how it could have worked better for me.

10. antman157

antman157 Loaded Pockets

My glock 26 .. Miss her a lot ... Thought had to move onto bigger and better (1911 .45)

11. jujigatame

jujigatame Loaded Pockets

Hinderer Firetac folder. I don't regret selling it since the cash was needed to cover an immediate expense and it was able to provide that, but I wish I'd been able to keep it. Went through several custom folders since and I still think the Firetac was one of the best. Perhaps the regret is that I didn't yet have full appreciation for how good it was when I owned it.

12. jsmitty1967
    • In Omnia Paratus

jsmitty1967 Go Big Blue

Not a big deal but I traded away a Surefire E2D. I have recently rediscovered the warmth that incadescent lights provide and regret having let it go. I did get something in trade that is far from readily available so it was worth it.

13. Urban Hermit

Urban Hermit EDC Junkie!!!

Not an EDC item, but definitely a piece of survival gear I miss. My Ruger Mini 14 Ranch. It was given to me back in 96' by my employer who knew nothing of guns and had taken it in a trade. He gave it to me for covering double shifts for over a month when we couldn't find enough employees to run his store.
    I kept the rifle for about 2 years never shooting it. I had some money problems and let a girlfriend talk me into selling it. Back then I only got $200 for it. Now I couldn't buy one for less than $600 and it really drives me nuts thinking how I just let that one go.

14. saniterra

saniterra Loaded Pockets

Circa 1979 Gerber Mk II satin plain edge blade, 1979 S&W Model 19, 4". Got essentially nothing for either one in trade.

15. Hellz

Hellz Loaded Pockets

I regret trading my Spyderco Gunting. Not the prettiest knife, but I miss it.

Patrick...

16. DonShock

DonShock Loaded Pockets

Atwood Mini Son of Pry Thing
    Cold Steel Gunsite folder

17. hatchetjack

hatchetjack EDC Junkie!!!!!

My 1965 Mercedes-Benz.

18. DrDark

DrDark Loaded Pockets

My ARC AAA
    :-(

19. randal

randal Loaded Pockets

Remington-Rand .45 auto pistol
    Ruger Speed-Six (shot better than I did)
    Choate Aircrew Rescue tool similar to this one:
    [​IMG]
    The one I had was made of steel, came with a leather holster and I have not seen one since. I think it was made back in the 70s or early 80s

20. jwhite75

jwhite75 Loaded Pockets

S&W 3913 with a Galco FED Paddle holster extra mag and mag carrier i bought for less than 400 bucks with not a whole box of ammo through it. Sold it at a gun show, and missed it ever since. The Glock 27, I purchased with the 3913 money, was a great gun, and i sold it to a buddies Mom just because she wante done with a Mitch Rosen ARG holster. STUPID.