1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Mystery Ranch Sweetpea

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by TheBoyScout22, Oct 19, 2013.

1. billybatson

billybatson Loaded Pockets

Yea I got mine right before they discontinued them.

2. CBisch

CBisch Loaded Pockets

Cpl Ledanek I don't have the scree but my girlfriend has the Cairn which is the same just the women's version. The Scree/Cairn has two lid pockets vs one lid pocket on the sweetpea; and the inside of the Scree/Cairn has a pouch for a hydration bladder vs the molle-free spadelock attachment of the Sweetpea. The Scree/Cairn has a narrower profile and is a little taller, and the waist belt has pockets. The zippers on the Cairn are amazing, that is one thing that I really like about the Cairn over the Sweetpea. They are super smooth, easy to slide, and water resistant as well. My only complaint about the pack is that there aren't any stow away slots for the waist belt like the Sweetpea/3dap. You CAN get away with wrapping it around the pack but its just not as tidy.
    Ill take some new pictures comparing the two tomorrow weather permitting.

Here are a few pictures of my Sweetpea in use. It's a 2015 Clark Field produced Sweetpea without the stick it.

[​IMG]

Sweetpea in airplane mode.
    [​IMG]

The newer Sweetpea doesn't have the beavertail which i'm always jealous of, but I think that in some situations its beneficial to have it bare and just use the compression straps to attach additional things. You would be amazed at what you can carry with the Sweetpea's compression straps.
    [​IMG]

Beach mode.
    [​IMG]

Streamcrossing mode.
    [​IMG]

Need to carry a fold up chair? No problem! Need to carry two? It can do that too!
    [​IMG]

Size comparison between a half filled Cairn and a stuffed Sweetpea.
    [​IMG]

The Sweetpea for me, is the perfect adventure daypack. It is a little large for edc or school but the perfect size for an active day's essentials. The fact that you can stow away the waist belt makes the pack a lot easier to handle around town and in airports. The 2in waistbelt does a decent job of transferring the load to your hips, but I would highly recommend the live wing waist belt upgrade if you're able to find one as it makes the waistbelt more comfortable and more effective at transferring the load. Not to mention you can attach molle pouches to the live wing waistbelt. If you need a durable, simple easy access daypack that can carry a variety of awkward loads the Sweetpea is the answer (too bad they don't make them anymore)!

Cpl Ledanek and GatorMedic like this.