1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

My vote for the Perfect Hardshell Jacket!

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by Kraid, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Kraid

Kraid Loaded Pockets

If you've followed some of my previous posts, you know that I've looked at some of the top of the line waterproof jackets in my search for the one that best suits my needs. I think that I've finally found it in the Aether Apparel Altitude. I've had this jacket for a few months now and have had a chance to take it to NYC and Salem, MA and to put some of my thoughts on video. I'd love to hear any comments on the jacket or the video itself.

I have a few other Aether Apparel jackets that I could post up as well if there is any interest. :)

amdmaxx and VoodooChicken like this.
  2. VoodooChicken

VoodooChicken Loaded Pockets

Great review and jacket .Thanks.
    I'm not In the market ATM as I just recieved a new 2013 stealth (not LT) for warmth over waterproofness but it's great to know about this one.I love the Schoeller material.its amazing how well the c-change works.
    Not to hijack your thread but I thought I would post a few comments here on the new stealth ,for people feeling out the market.
    First off,I love the jacket, But they made a few changes to this years model over last that I'm not entirely happy about.The chest pockets and flashlight garages are now fleece (like the rangers )instead of the fantastic scholler material of last year.They also removed the extra layer of scholler on the forearms .The material is super durable and granted the glue is what failed on my last stealth but I loved how both of these features made the jacket "FEEL"like a bombproof ,alien technology ,suit of armor.And finally ,tad got rid of the hidden hood draw strings in the chest pockets and left them exposed this go around.
    I may have to add your jacket in my letter to Santa.
    Thanks again for the review.

Kraid likes this.
  3. Kraid

Kraid Loaded Pockets

Thank you, sir! Great info for everyone to have on the Stealth as well!