1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

My shoulder bag

Discussion in 'Other Carrying Devices' started by Craig Grabowsky, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Craig Grabowsky

Craig Grabowsky Loaded Pockets

Not exactly an EDC bag but when I go off road I carry a home made shoulder bag with all the stuff I need. If you haven't read "My Introduction" in the Introduce Yourself forum, then please read it to see what I consider essential.
    I made my bag from a sleeve of my USMC uniform. I cut it off below the elbow pad and sewed up the end. At the shoulder end, I put in a draw string. The bag has two pockets: one external that holds my lighter, monocular and flashlight; and one internal (the kneepad holder) that holds my filter staw. I keep my first aid kit and PLB in the bottom of the pouch and my water bottle with the rest of my kit secured to it in the pouch. My knife is attached to the strap in front and the back half of the strap is braided 550 cord. As a finishing touch I transfered my name tape to the bag.

OK, I'll figure out pictures soon and post them.

2. JHGM

JHGM Dinosaur Supervisor

Doubletime Grabowsky...

I ain't got all day.

[​IMG]

3. Craig Grabowsky

Can't attach photos.

Cobra 6 Actual and T.H.Cone like this.
  4. T.H.Cone

T.H.Cone I am senor Fluffy, hear me roar

Are you using a photo hosting site? Which one? Clue us in to where you think you are getting hung up and we'll get you pointed in the right direction. I mean, I'm patient and can wait, but poor old Jarhead G, he will loose his mind if you don't post some pictures ASAP.:)

5. JHGM

JHGM Dinosaur Supervisor

T.H.Cone...

One cannot lose what is already gone...

:D

6. Schnurri

Schnurri Loaded Pockets

Host them on flickr, copy the link and paste it here.

T.H.Cone and Cobra 6 Actual like this.
  7. Westerdutch

Westerdutch Loaded Pockets

Okay, here goes! The 10-step program to posting your pictures!!

1) Make sure you know where your pictures are located on your computer, best would be if they are already proper size for display on zhe internetz (50.6megapixel images are fun but not that great for forums)!

2) Head on over to a site where you can place your pictures online. I prefer imgur as it doesnt require an account or anything fancy, does batch uploads and just works great! imgur.com.

3) On Imgur, hit the 'upload images' button;
    [​IMG]

4) On the popup screen, select 'browse your computer';
    [​IMG]

4) head on over to the folder where the pics you want to share are located, select your file(s) and hit open;
    [​IMG]
    *) PRO TIP! If you want to select multiple images like i have done above hold down your Ctrl key and you can click as many as you like!

5) Visually make sure the pics are all there in the quicklist, don't do anything with them tickboxes (1) and then proceed to click 'Start Upload' (2)
    [​IMG]

6) After a little wait you will be presented with a list of all your pictures! To get any on the forums rightclick whatever pic you want and select 'Copy Image Location';
    [​IMG]

7) Head on over to the forums and click the insert pic icon;
    [​IMG]

8) On the newly presented image popup box rightclick on the URL bar and paste (1) the address you copied earlier and hit 'Insert' (2);
    [​IMG]

9) Watch your image in all its beauty! This forum has a very nice interface, you can type stuff above and below your pic, just as you can with text! Use the arrow keys on your keyboard to move around the image.
    [​IMG]

10) Post your reply!

8. Craig Grabowsky

There's the rub, I have the pictures on my hard drive and not "in the cloud." As we all know the cloud is just someone elses computer.

Cheeser, T.H.Cone and Cobra 6 Actual like this.
  9. Westerdutch

Westerdutch Loaded Pockets

....a computer with faster network connection than yours that is always on yet without you having to pay the electricity or internet bill!

T.H.Cone and Cobra 6 Actual like this.
  10. Cobra 6 Actual

Cobra 6 Actual Loaded Pockets

Westerdutch, where were you five or six years ago when all I had to figure out how to post photos was me? Fortunately, one of my grandsons sorted it out for me. (Seriously, thank you for posting the above ... I hope it will help new Forum members out!)

T.H.Cone likes this.
  11. Craig Grabowsky

12. Cobra 6 Actual

[quote="Craig Grabowsky, post: 2417602, member: 69583" I got it finally[/quote]

Hey, congratulations! (Figuring how to post photos is sort of our Forum's version of the 'secret handshake'!)

T.H.Cone likes this.
  13. T.H.Cone

So, what is that, tire tubes with snaps? Nice. You also get props for repurposing your MARPAT.

Cobra 6 Actual likes this.
  14. Craig Grabowsky

Yea, I made three bands with an old inner tube. The first holds a water bag, the second about 20 inches of surgical tubing and the third holds the metal cup on the end. Inside the cup is a magnesium block, Smith sharpener, spool of snare wire, fishing kit and fishing line, whistle, small Swiss Army Knife, signal mirror and space blanket.

15. T.H.Cone

Very clever and industrious.

Cobra 6 Actual likes this.
  16. Cobra 6 Actual

Definitely cool. Thanks again!

T.H.Cone likes this.