1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

My preliminary spin on the Spin

Discussion in 'Knives' started by scríbhneoir, Apr 21, 2006.

1. scríbhneoir
    • Administrator

scríbhneoir Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

Well, three packages of illuminating and cutting "tools" arrived at the house today, and I helped myself to the one from NGK as I knew it held my new Spin in it. (Thanks, Honey! I left you the bandaids--and the other Spin.) :smitten:

The Spin is my first Wharncliffe blade on a folder, so I will have to wait and see for what tasks I grab it over the Cricket. It does indeed have a wicked-sharp edge, and I imagine its first test will be easy as a cigar cutter (it is Friday afternoon, after all). It is quite petite as well, so it will probably share my pocket with the Cricket for a while at least. I know many remove the clips to slim them down (they are the same thickness), but since warmer weather is here, I need the clips for skirts and dresses without pockets. It is still a little stiff upon opening, but I am sure that will disappear quite rapidly, and it locks with that satisfying click I've come to know and love. I find the shape, as with the Cricket, very aesthetically pleasing (my daughters call it "cute") and I love the spider on the blade parking in the web when you close it. Ergonomically, the Cricket is more comfortable in my hand at this point, but that may change. And so far, I love this knife. O0 Will provide an update after I use it a bit.

Since my Cricket is pretty much the one I reach for, for most tasks, and the one that often pops up in comparison, I decided to photograph those two together and separately to give an idea of size. I have a medium-size hand for a female for reference.

Attached Files:

2. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

CONGRATS on your Spin!! I really love mine!! Although mine is a weeeee bit more special than a standard Spin. (It was a gift, and it has Believe engraved on the handle and TKC on the blade.) :smitten:

3. Ging

Ging Empty Pockets

The Spin looks a great knife, I might even get away with it over here ;D ! lol

TKC, your Soun sounds extra special 8)

4. scríbhneoir
    • Administrator

Staff Member

It is a wicked wee beastie, that is for sure. The blade is not but 1 5/8 inches long. Fully opened, it's 4 1/8. It is a keeper.

5. sak_collector

sak_collector Empty Pockets

Wow, I have never seen that model before...thanks to your post it looks like I gotta get one.

6. Physics

Physics Empty Pockets

What sak_collector said. 8)

That's a mighty knife in a little package. I can see that on my keyring right now... 8)

Thanks for posting the pics and review. O0

7. scríbhneoir
    • Administrator

Staff Member

Oh, yeah! O0

8. scríbhneoir
    • Administrator

Staff Member

Yeah, the 11-year-old is eyeing it pretty hard for her keyring. I expect I'll have to keep particularly close tabs on it.

It passed its first cutting job brilliantly, natch. Sliced through the end of an Ashton virgin sungrown smoke like butter. ;D