1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

My Old/New Fire key

Discussion in 'Keychain Tools' started by FSTP, Jul 6, 2016.

1. FSTP

FSTP Loaded Pockets

Recently found this neat Fire starting key. I was looking for something like a peanut lighter or similar and being a lock picking enthusiast and lock/key enthusiast in general I had to get it. Its a Myon-CLE MLE Déposé, whatever that means... After servicing by adding a new flint cleaning and putting a new wick and oiling it it works a treat. Its also a great spark generator for if/when the wick dries or is used up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. O_G

O_G Loaded Pockets

nice dude. never seen anything like it.

3. That Movie Guy

That Movie Guy Loaded Pockets

Just beautiful!

4. IHateBottleOpeners

IHateBottleOpeners EDC Junkie!!!!!

So cool, just don't tell me that it can't be air sealed!

5. Nick4305
    • In Omnia Paratus

Nick4305 EDC Junkie!!!!!

Great "Briquet de table" !

6. FSTP

FSTP Loaded Pockets

Thanks everyone! It is a nice little difference from all the usual peanut type lighters. I was pleased to find out its solid brass and not some kind of plating.

What do you mean by air sealed? this is my first lighter of this type, I've only have butane types without a wick before.

Nick4305 likes this.
  7. IHateBottleOpeners

IHateBottleOpeners EDC Junkie!!!!!

Is it like a Zippo lighter that leaks fluid in one week or holds it a lot longer?

8. FSTP

FSTP Loaded Pockets

I haven't had it that long to really know. But considering that it only holds like 4 drops of fluid (LOL) I don't think this will be a long storage lighter and I'm keeping the mind set that its more of a tinder sparker with a bonus bit of fuel. Because it does throw a rather nice flash of sparks.

IHateBottleOpeners likes this.
  9. FSTP

FSTP Loaded Pockets

I was just messing with the fire key and its a bit better then I first thought, which is exciting it can hold a lot more fuel. It can unscrew from the round circular base and the entire tube is hollow and had a lot of cotton like wick stuffing in it. When I first got it I had just pulled out the charred wick from the top which was really short. Then stuffed a new one similarly as short back into it and places several drops of zippo fund in it. Now that I pulled it apart and it had the entire chamber available I placed a full length wick along with the cotton sponge and now it hold at least 4 times more fluid and burns and ignites much much better.

10. FSTP

FSTP Loaded Pockets

11. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

Cool! That's certainly a unique conversation piece, and seems to be on par with a peanut lighter for functionality.

FSTP likes this.
  12. FSTP

FSTP Loaded Pockets

Thank you! I'm really enjoying it and it is a nice little conversation starter I've received several compliments and questions from random people that thought it was an old fashion key. A cigar smoking friend of mine really likes it and is trying to find one for hime self.

What I would REALLY like is to try and find one in Nickel silver/German silver. I quite like how that metal patinas and tarnishes.