1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

my new surefire l1... what a great light.

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by aaronlam, Mar 7, 2010.

1. aaronlam

aaronlam Loaded Pockets

2. somber

somber Banned

I'll trade you a couple of lights for your Lum Tec! Nice light though! I thought the LX1's were still waiting to come out for 2010? Apparently not! I guarentee that if you like the LX1, you'll love the E1B, though. I think the E1B is one of the best lights Surefire makes, simply for size vs output. Great light you have, nice photography as well!

3. aaronlam

aaronlam Loaded Pockets

I made a mistake!!! I got the L1 not the LX1... just caught it. I fixed it in the title so not to mislead any one... evidently... the LX1 was announced in 2009 but still hasn't shown up yet. I am happy with mine now and will see about the LX1 when it comes out.

4. aaronlam

aaronlam Loaded Pockets

... the Lum-tec stays :)

5. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

My L1 is one of my most-carried Surefire lights. Honestly, I'm not a fan of the U.I. used on it; but every other part of the light is pure WIN. I'm saving up to send it to MilkySpit on Candle Power Forums. He specializes in converting Surefire models, especially the L1, into amazing creations!

I'm sick & tired of waiting for the LX1, and not looking forward to its horrible lack of checkering. I can send off my L1 to Milky, and it'll come back better than what Surefire plans to release; when they release the LX1.

6. Kilovolt

Kilovolt Loaded Pockets

An excellent choice aaronlam, I love mine

[​IMG]

7. aaronlam

aaronlam Loaded Pockets

Ooh no. I had heard of the Milky customizing but never did any research... thought it was just exterior mods. But I didn't realize he could upgrade the emitters too! A 165 lumen L1 would be awesome. Now I want one.

I rather like the UI of the L1... you don't have to turn on a hi beam to get to the low beam.

8. chavez

chavez Loaded Pockets

Great choice! I've had my SF L1 for about three years and still love it.

[​IMG]

9. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

10. aaronlam

aaronlam Loaded Pockets

Yeah... I have been reading all morning. What great creations. I too would prefer to keep the knurled body vs the new LX1 / LX2 bodies.

11. jsmitty1967
    • In Omnia Paratus

jsmitty1967 Go Big Blue

Milky has my L1 right now upgrading the driver and installing a cyan emitter. I mainly use mine with a McGizmo Mule head so I decided to do something fun with the existing head.

12. SF1

SF1 Banned

I have several L1s and love them! Got the new LX2, it is a wonderful light. Looking forward to the LX1.

Best,

SF1