1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

My new K9 - Xena !

Discussion in 'The Breakroom' started by Safety1st, Jun 11, 2007.

1. Codeman

Codeman Loaded Pockets

Aw, man, that would have been perfect, if you'd been wearing the Safety1st Grin!:evilgrin: :-X

I guess the real question is whether you'll teach your grin to Xena! :knuppel2:

2. Safety1st

Safety1st Loaded Pockets

:laugh: Yeah....it's one of those rare pictures without my cat-got-canary grin... ;D

3. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

That is a GREAT picture!!! She is adorable!!

4. Xrunner

Xrunner Loaded Pockets

Great looking pup... from the looks of that pic I think Xena already taught you her 'look.' ;D

5. boomstick

boomstick Loaded Pockets

That is one cool dog ;D

Xena's looking good too ;)

Been thinking about getting another dog myself recently, it's a been a few years of dog-less-ness, still not sure we've enough space in the new house to warrant a big breed though as my cat seems to take up most of the free space :-X I've had 4 'yard'/outside/guard dogs before and I still don't feel comfortable with it even after 15 years, the fact they've all snuck in at various points in their lives and not been ejected probably shows how soft I am??

The protective instinct in my dogs kicked in after been showered with love for a few months :) then they became truely formidable.

Drive into our old premises and you're not getting out the car ;)
    walk in without them being penned up and you'll be needing a change of underware providing we caught them in time, if we didn't, then you've just started playing a rather 'hairy' game of 'chase' :evilgrin:

To show off, my Rotts would rip up car tires!!
    And in all that time I was never bitten (on purpose) a few puncture holes from them just jumping around with their months open and a playful nip here and there but nothing meaningful, the worst they'd do is knock me over pin me down a start licking my face and with a 150lb+ Rott standing on you, you pretty much have to just lay there and take it :D

6. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

I would never be happy with out a dog in my life!!!

7. Safety1st

Safety1st Loaded Pockets

Xena is doing ok... I'm trying to condition her the best I can..we're visiting shopping precincts, build up areas, shiny floors, traffic conditions etc...

Her recall and sit is coming on nicely...and we're even managing to crap/pee on demand when out.... so I'm pleased at the moment with her... at 13 weeks old..

Here's some pics I took this afternoon...

[img width=640 height=480]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/protectionk9/P1020789.jpg[/img]

[img width=640 height=480]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/protectionk9/P1020866.jpg[/img]

[img width=640 height=480]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/protectionk9/P1020826.jpg[/img]

8. luigi

luigi Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the update, love the pics!

Luigi

9. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

Yes, thank you for the update!! She is sooooooooo adorable!!! Scratch her under her collar for me, please.

10. Safety1st

Safety1st Loaded Pockets

Xena is teething at the moment...with some of her adult teeth coming through...

She's getting bigger, and filling out nicely... quite a muscular little pup for a GSD...

Here's a picture of her in her kennel, gnawing on a dental bone;

[​IMG]

11. Codeman

Codeman Loaded Pockets

That's a happy dog!

12. Safety1st

Safety1st Loaded Pockets

Yeah.. :)

Do you like her bedding... ?

It's special stuff..that's warm and comfortable...but also lets moisture absorb down, but not come back up... so wet dogs dry off easily..

13. Codeman

Codeman Loaded Pockets

I need some of that - for when I get older! :D ;D :evilgrin:

14. CY

CY Loaded Pockets

intelligent looking pup!

going to be in a similar situation real soon. my 97lb GSD "Ridge" is getting to be 7 years old and starting to have some medical problems. He's still got a ways to go, but I see it in the future.

already got a kennel picked out that specialized in working DSD's. what impressed me was how they raise their litters. they give away a high grade GSD beast to a suitable family, who agrees to take care of dog in a certain manner.

The dog gets raised among a family that would not have been able to afford such a high grade animal. In return the dog raises several litters. if resulting pups are not up to grade, then beast is spaded and remains at host family as a pet. this insures beast has a good enough temperament to be raised around a family.

(very strange... type in b-i-t-c-h it turns into bitch)

15. Safety1st

Safety1st Loaded Pockets

Yeah, she's quite an animal.

Very intense, for a pup. Nerves of steel...especially with humans. (Going to be great as she gets older)

She seems to look straight through you !

[img width=640 height=480]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/protectionk9/P1030128.jpg[/img]

16. Safety1st

Safety1st Loaded Pockets

All is going good with my four legged buddy..

She's getting bigger, and her attitude is getting stronger....She's really developing a stern no-nonsense expression...especially for a 4 month old pup !

These pictures were taken today during a session on the training field...

[img width=640 height=480]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/protectionk9/P1030162.jpg[/img]

[img width=640 height=480]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/protectionk9/P1030170.jpg[/img]

[img width=640 height=480]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/protectionk9/P1030173.jpg[/img]

17. luigi

luigi Loaded Pockets

Xena loves the camera.

Great pics!

18. bigfoot

bigfoot Loaded Pockets

Seeing all these great pictures reminds me of my old buddy. We rescued him from the animal shelter and he was easy to pick out... all the other dogs were barking, jumping up and down, and going nuts -- but not Shep. Just sat there and calmly looked at us, as if he knew he was going to get picked!

Congratulations, Xena is a beautiful pup! But I do wonder... who is training who?? :laugh:

19. Safety1st

Safety1st Loaded Pockets

Yeah... you're about right :lolhammer:

20. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

She is a beautiful pup!!!