1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

My New Desk Driver

Discussion in 'Watches' started by TuffWriter, Dec 12, 2010.

1. TuffWriter

TuffWriter Banned

That's right, I finally got my Oris F1 2008.

First impressions are that while I absolutely love the way it looks, just beautiful, it's not as comfortable as it was in the store. Having movable lugs off the case is brilliant, makes the bracelet drape perfectly over the wrist. The all steel build steel makes the watch hefty, but but in a good way. The major annoyance is that the crown is large and digs into the wrist after a bit. Having getten used to the 4 o'clock crown on my O.E. Diver this really annoying. I'm going to see if I can get used to it or if not, see if my watchmaker can replace it with a smaller domed crown because otherwise this one isn't going to get a lot of wrist time (and that would be a shame).

Let me beat on it for a month or so and I'll do a full review:

[​IMG]

2. indigo_wolf

indigo_wolf AKA Breezy

I am still trying to figure out why some manufacturer display more than one value in the date window. Do they believe that the user has forgotten the sequence of numbers that make up a month ("hmmmm.... today is the 16th.... I wondering what tomorrow's date will be.")

Definitely looks beefy... not a bad thing. Most of the Oris watches I have seen have been in the wallet squeal range. :sigh: :'(

Look forward to the in-depth review.

ATB,
    Sam

3. *Hawk*

*Hawk* Loaded Pockets

that is one nice looking watch!

4. marsos52

marsos52 Loaded Pockets

thats a easy question to answer,, when a watch only shows one date,,when the minute hand passes over the date,,you cant read the date, and this happens once every hour.. so by showing the date before and after the current day/date when the minute hand is covering todays day and or date you can still know the day and/or date

5. TuffWriter

TuffWriter Banned

Actually my arms are just that small. The good news is that dealers are hurting right now and since Oris isn't a well know brand in the states you can get some good deals.

I'll post up a full review after I've worn it for a while.

6. Myth90045

Myth90045 Loaded Pockets

Thats a nice looking watch. Ive been saving up for the Oris diver watch, but cant seem to keep the money while browsing around these forums. What I really like about the watches is Oris' signature red rotor on the back. Cant wait for your review!!