1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

My name is Christoph, and I am saying hi.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by PolarDude, May 26, 2011.

1. PolarDude

PolarDude Empty Pockets

I: INTRODUCTION
    II: ABOUT ME
    III: HOW I STARTED EDC'ING
    IV: EDC ITEMS THAT I HAVE
    V: GADGETS I'M THINKING ABOUT

I: INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone, and yes I do mean everyone even the forum moderators. My name is Christoph. I'm glad to be here on the forums. I will probably be browsing more then actually posting but that probably goes without saying.

II: ABOUT ME

I'm 28 and I live near Fredericksburg, TX. I am married and don't have any kids, want them, but can't afford them. I am a graphic designer but unfortunately its not what I'm doing right now. I work full time, but unfortunately my wife can't due to fibromyalgia. So it makes things very hard and a very tight budget.

I am not an outdoors person or even a traveling kind of guy. I basically lead a very boring life of get up, browse the internet, go to work, come home, browse the internet, go to bed. I'm especially not the outdoorsy kind of guy because I am Entomophobic. (Fear of bugs). My specialties lie in computers. I am not even a handyman even though my wife wishes I was. I also almost know nothing about cars. I do know computers though.

I am also not a weapon kind of person either, so meaning. I'm not into knifes or guns but that doesn't mean I don't want something geeky like the Zap Cane that delivers 1 million volts to an attacker.

I live in the country, but I am more of a city person though. Since I am not a handyman. I'm just not into tools either like handyman tools like saws, screwdrivers and stuff. I would like rather have 4 computer monitors then a full blown tool set. I also find the news verrry boring.

I am also not a organized person, I am very forgetful. I tend to forget a lot of things. My desk is always messy, and so is my car. I really do try to get more organized and try to remember things with evernote and reqall. But I'm still not where I would like to be. I don't like to wear hats either, and not really a sunglass kind of guy either.

Really the only accessory I wear is a watch. No hats, no fanny packs, no necklaces, or bracelets.

III: HOW I STARTED EDC'ING

Well I started looking up on the internet of useful things to keep in your wallet and what I came up was with this.

* 2 Bandaids
    * 1 Alcohol Swab
    * Needle
    * wax paper with various tapes on it
    * usb credit card
    * blank piece of paper
    * wallet size pen
    * rubberand
    * bussiness card with your number
    * Tool Logic credit card

I keep all of these things in my wallet. Then I started looking up useful things to keep in a glove compartment. But I haven't completed a full list and don't have really anything in my car either.

Anyways this all got me started looking up other things like multi-purpose canes, and other useful things that I should probably have on me. Which eventually led me to Survival Bracelets which all of you know is 550 para cord wrapped into a bracelet. Then I found Survival anklets, survival belts, survival watches, and survival hats. I got started looking into the multi-purpose canes because I was looking into defensive weapons.

So I started buy very few things, meaning 3 items, and eventually I ended up here.

IV: EDC ITEMS THAT I HAVE

1. Tool Logic T1 Credit Card (For Wallet)
    Philips and Flat Head Screwdriver​
    Tweezers and Toothpick​
    Wallet Pen​
    Nail File and Cuticle Tip​
    Letter Opener​
    Scissors​

[​IMG]

2. 4GB USB Credit Card (For Wallet)
    I bought one that actually looked like a credit card​

[​IMG]

3. Money Belt
    It is just a normal belt, but with a zipper on the inside to hold tri-folded money. In case if I ever forget my wallet and I am in a bind, or ever get mugged.​

[​IMG]

4. And all the other stuff that I have mentioned above that is in my wallet, like bandaids, tape, etc.

V: GADGETS I'M THINKING ABOUT

Since I started looking into paracord survival accessories. I saw a paracord survival belt, thought it was cool but then I already just recently bought the money belt and I think that it will serve me better. So then I started looking into a paracord bracelet. Found one on www.thinkgeek.com but then I thought well I really don't wear a bracelet anyways. But I do wear a watch and I am in need of a new one. So then I found a paracord survival watch. Anyways I will probably go into this part into a whole new thread and in the proper discussion board.

Despite this organized post. I have very disorganized but gotta start somewhere.

2. edsea

edsea Loaded Pockets

Welcome aboard Christoph.

3. Cobra 6 Actual

Cobra 6 Actual Loaded Pockets

Welcome, Christoph. If you're forgetful you may want to try using visual prompts: having something that you see remind you of that as well as other things. For example, if you leave your cell phone in the same spot every day that may remind you to also take your USB credit card. Another thing that works for some people is to group things together. So, although you wrote "no hats," let's say that you did have a ballcap you wore. At the end of the day you'd put everything in the ballcap that usually goes in your pockets or on your belt. Anyway, just a few ideas from a fellow forgetful person. Again, welcome to the EDC Forum.

4. Sharpdogs

Sharpdogs Uber Prepared

Welcome to the forum! I have a similar belt. I believe Cabelas was selling them.