1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

My Most Useful / Most Used EDC Knife

Discussion in 'Knives' started by EveryOtherDay, Nov 10, 2010.

1. GRIFFINHAWKS

GRIFFINHAWKS Banned

This chunk of 01 Steel is my most useful these days .. It's a Fishwolf 'Dashi' ,)
    [​IMG]

BE WELL .. GH

2. Gatsby

Gatsby Loaded Pockets

Like many folks I have tended to rotate a few different knives through the EDC slot - but have been really stuck on this one recently for my work EDC blade - a Spyderco Michael Walker (carbon fiber scales, ZDP189 blade plain edge). I work in a business casual environment and have found some other blades to have a bit more "presence" than i'd like around the office. This Spydie is about the perfect size, it still has a very usable blade profile and length, easy one hand opening, and is super slim in my dress trouser pocket. The only thing I'd change is the clip - it is tip up which I like but the position leaves more knife above the pocket exposed than I'd prefer - the Spyderco wire clips really are the best in this regard for discrete carry. But I mostly leave it loose in my pocket anyway given the size so that is a minor point. And the ZDP189 really is great steel - hair popping sharp and holds an edge really really well.

[​IMG]

3. Treedog

Treedog Empty Pockets

My most used knife is a Spyderco J.D. Smith, but I also carry the Spyderco Persian at times.

4. Bullosa

Bullosa Loaded Pockets

My most used knife would be the SAK. I have it in my pocket daily when I am in the city. But if I am out on field trips, I carry RAT1 as backup.

5. Castillo

Castillo Loaded Pockets

I'd have to say my Spydie Urban. Gets the most pocket time and is invariably the one I reach for first.