1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

my minimalist truck kit

Discussion in 'Show us pics of your EDC!' started by bladeblabber, Feb 14, 2012.

1. bladeblabber

bladeblabber Loaded Pockets

well, I got a new truck! a 2011 ford f-150 to be exact. So with a new truck I figured it would be smart to put together a small truck kit that just has a few basic things that could help me get out of most small situations. Keep in mind that I have a small tool box full of tools in my truck to.

Heres the whole package together. Im keeping it in an old mini camera case. So all together I have the case, my surefire 6px pro and an old rag (never been a huge fan of bandanas)
    [​IMG]

Here's everything layed out.
    [​IMG]
    victorinox compact
    band-aids, medical tape, gauze pads and a few tylenol pills
    surefire 6px pro
    old hand rag
    50ft of paracord
    small bic lighter

It's really all I think I need, the SAK is more of a back up to my pocket knife then anything.

tell me what yall think!

2. keith1234
    • In Omnia Paratus

keith1234 Loaded Pockets

It looks good to me, always good to have some extras! I have my truck stocked with flashlight knife and basic tools but with the winter months I added a couple extra lights and spare work gloves. I should change out the nylon rope for paracord though.

3. Werewolf32

Werewolf32 Loaded Pockets

Looks good to me! I'd probably through a pencil and notepad in there too along with some extra lithium batteries.

4. jemhouston

jemhouston Loaded Pockets

Depending on the weather, add a space saver emergency blanket and several large trash bags. Work gloves is a good idea. In thirty odd years, I had to clean up broken glass twice.

Duct tape is always a good idea. Plastic sheeting came in handy after the last glass clean up. It was raining, so I put that to help keep the interior drier.

5. keith1234
    • In Omnia Paratus

keith1234 Loaded Pockets

Space blankets for me are in the firstaid kit. One came with the kit and I added a second one. Also some disposable hand warmers for the winter months.

6. bladeblabber

bladeblabber Loaded Pockets

thanks for the suggestions i will consider adding a space blanket, and i definitely need some duct tape!

7. Chicago Tri Man

Chicago Tri Man Loaded Pockets

What about adding a first aid kit and an extraction tool (seatbelt cutter and window punch)? I consider them must haves in a vehicle.