1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

MY Mini Pocket Rocket!!!

Discussion in 'Knives' started by TKC, Nov 3, 2009.

1. ssmtbracer

ssmtbracer EDC Junkie!!!!!

Very nice custom knife. You cannot compare a custom knife to a production knife.

The same goes for a custom bike you cannot compare it to a custom bike to a production bike especially since they usually are custom to you size inseam etc. Not saying production bikes are not good because there are some very nice production bikes I race a production bike partly because even thought I work at a bike shop a custom bike still cost a lot even for an employee purchase.

2. Dizos

Dizos Loaded Pockets

Well said. The big difference is that one is hand crafted and the other is mass produced. It would be similar to comparing the price and quality of a piece of custom furniture from a famous artisan with something purchased at Ikea. Many members here also frequent knife forums and may forget that some members here are not familiar with the world of custom knives. To answer the question about cost, typically with a custom folder the price ranges from around $400 up to $1200 depending on the popularity of the artisan and the materials used. Sibert is extremely popular, his knives typically sell out at shows within the first couple of hours. Many collectors often face a lot of criticism over the cost of their hobby and may want duck direct questions about what an item cost based on that experience. As for the reaction to Cold Steel, that company has been the subject of much negative "discussion" on the knife forums both due to business practices and issues with quality. Elitism? Sure, enthusiasts generally hold strong opinions based on an obsessive interest in a subject.

3. cutter17

cutter17 Empty Pockets

Not elitists, just a collector/user of some mighty fine knives. Like I always say TKC, you got the bestest toy's of all!! ;D ;D ;D

4. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

Thank you my friend.

5. carrot

carrot Loaded Pockets

TKC that is a gorgeous new knife. Congratulations on the wonderful score! The aesthetics remind me of the 1950's futuristic look, which I love.

I just wonder how you decide which knife to carry, since you have so many fine knives.

6. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

Thanks!!!! Yeah, it is some times tough to decide. BUT, when this one arrives, IT has a permanent spot in my pocket. :smitten: :smitten:

7. chavez

chavez Loaded Pockets

Weird, that's what I was thinking, too and trying to say before. Strangely, when I first saw the knife and the name "pocket rocket", it instantly made me think of "The Rocketeer" which also had that futuristic 1950s look.

8. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

I hadn't thought of that!! But, I CAN totally see what you guys mean. Cool.

9. JB in SC

JB in SC Loaded Pockets

Shane is no longer taking orders for the Pocket Rocket, that one is particularly sweet. A great combination of materials.

10. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

He hasn't been taking orders for a long while now. He doesn't have the Mini listed on his site. And mine is a Mini. I DO have a Diablo Pocket Rocket. This is my favorite big knife!!! Dave Abramson aka Lifter's Leather made me the sheath for my Pocket Rocket.I will include pix.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

My Mini Pocket Rocket arrived today!! This is pure Sibert perfection!! What an amazing knife. There are no words to describe hoe much I love it!! It is so smooooooooooooth too. The fit & finish are both perfect. Here are my pix. Thanks for looking!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Mad_Maxx

Mad_Maxx Loaded Pockets

WOOOOW MAN is that nice!!!!
    is the handle green or bluish?

Maxx

13. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

The scales are green. Forest green G-10, iirc.

14. primal

primal Loaded Pockets

Okay,

I'm a minimalist/cheapskate, and I have to admit...these knives are gorgeous.

There! I said it.

As sexy as they are, they maintain a level of toughness. They look hard.

If I had one of these, I'd carry it in my pocket, but never use it,...and flash it during BTW conversations (which I started).

[Drooling!]

Anyway, nice blade.

;)

Primal

15. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

I had this knife for a little while. I have found it be to be more amazing than when I first got it. The pocket clip is the best of ALL the knives I own. It feels great in the hand, and it cuts like a laser. I LOVE it more and more. It really IS THE knife for me.

16. flipe8

flipe8 Loaded Pockets

I really like how the knife appears to be overbuilt with the thick blade and large pivot, but I would love to see one in plain titanium, as I'm more of a plain-jane kind of guy. Nice knife, just the same.

17. kz1000s1

kz1000s1 Loaded Pockets

Wow! I can can see how that would be THE knife.

18. ericb445

ericb445 Loaded Pockets

TKC is my heroine ;)...She ALWAYS has the coolest new Toys. One Day One Day. ;D ;D
    Thanks for the Awesome pics now I have to try to raid my daughters piggy banks.