1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

My Medic

Discussion in 'First Aid Station' started by Ronin101, Jan 22, 2017.

1. Ronin101

Ronin101 Loaded Pockets

Anybody have their stuff? any experience with the company? I want a good quality FAK to carry in my pickup!!!!

2. greg.279

greg.279 Empty Pockets

I know this doesn't address your question exactly, but as a fan of a good first aid kit myself, I've had great results with making my own. I just look at the contents of the commercially available (and often very expensive for what you get) IFAKs, and put a kit together based on my purpose. It costs a lot less, and I can make at least a couple of kits for the same amount of money usually.

Sent from my XT1094 using Tapatalk

3. Ronin101

Ronin101 Loaded Pockets

4. thekapow

thekapow EDC Junkie!!!!!

Content is more or less useless at that price. You could spend 30usd on content and have alot better kit. And buy a prooven tourniquet, like a CAT. there are lots of threads on edcf you could get inspiration from.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

maillet282 likes this.
  5. Ronin101

Ronin101 Loaded Pockets

"Content is more or less useless at that price"

I was looking at the premium kit with the rats tourniquet. Are these not proven? I thought they were easier to apply?

I assume you mean the content is poor for the price. Or are you saying the items are a waste? please explain

6. Ronin101

Ronin101 Loaded Pockets

What kit would you recommend for less money?

7. thekapow

thekapow EDC Junkie!!!!!

Absolutly not, there are countless of studies, case reports etc. that backs tourniquet designs like the CAT and SOFTT. On the RATS, there are none, no data what so ever. They are not used by anyone compared to the CAT which is used by more or less every single NATO country. the RATS sells because its cheap, and they had success using anecdotal quotes like "used by special forces medics", "designed by bla bla bla". "I know a dealta guy who bla bla". Its a toy, and a dangerous one, because no one knows if it works or not. Some people say it does, som have tested it and it failed.
    Medical gear is a huge and growing market as more and more civilians become more aware of the dangers of shootings etc. in urban enviroments, but now is not the time to ditch evidence based medicine.

What kit I would recomend depends on what you do, your level of training, how much space do you have and so on. I recomend using the search function on the forum, we have lots of great threads on here.
    we have a thread on the RATS
    http://edcforums.com/threads/r-a-t-s-tourniquet.133283/

#7 thekapow, Jan 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
  8. Ronin101

Ronin101 Loaded Pockets

point taken on the rats. I have taken a first aid class. I am looking into a EMR 40 hr class this summer. what would you recommend for that?

9. Ronin101

Ronin101 Loaded Pockets

I went with a empty recon bag in grey. I have a friend who is a paramedic that will help me fill it up. I will probably post it in the FAK thread when it is done.