1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

My introductory post, been lurking, and inspired to spend too much already....

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Super04Duty, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Super04Duty

Super04Duty Loaded Pockets

Hello there,
    Ive been lurking around these parts for a while now. Finally registered and decided that I should post about myself and my current state of gear. Ive been into the BOB/:censored:/whatever you want to call it world, for quite some time. Im from a small town in Northern CA, where there wasn't much to worry about. But I have recently moved to SoCal, and with the massive population, and limited freeway access, Ive become more cautious, and more prepared than I ever was before. But, I won't get into all that, since this is an EDC forum, not a BOB forum.... Ill stop blabbing and get to what everyone wants to see... the pictures...

I am a former Deputy Sheriff, turned Hazmat truck driver.
    This is the backpack I am currently using. I do have another post in the EDC bag forum for comments and advice about it however. 1956 Zippo show for scale
    [​IMG]

This is a pretty typical load out of the bag.
    [​IMG]

I also just recently ordered a Maxpedition Beefy organizer. Because I am also going back to school, working, and often make the 5 hour drive up north to my home town to visit family. So I have other bags for those uses, and I grew tired of moving all of these items loose from one bag to another. Now I just have one pouch to move. Here are a couple pics of it, as well as a load dump of it. Also shown is the moral patch I just ordered and am waiting to arrive, to put on the front of my Beefy. I believe it is my all time favorite subdued American flag patch, matches my reflective blue line stickers on the bumpers of my trucks, and pays homage to my previous career, which I am still very proud of.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And this is a typical pocket dump for me. Usually my personal keys and wallet also go into my backpack at work, because Im more-or-less a floor rider in a semi truck (no air in the air bag for the seat), and work with hazmat materials, and would just rather not have anything in my pockets. Only thing missing is my iPhone 5s in its OD green/black Lifeproof case, as that is what is taking all of these pictures.
    [​IMG]

Id be happy to answer any questions about my gear, and welcome and comments. I can also work on making a list of items/brands if anyone is interested, but I feel that most people here probably recognize most of this stuff. Its nothing really fancy, but funds are limited right now. We are trying to save up for a house (astronomical prices in SoCal, compared to where we are from), and I have already dumped quite a bit into my BOBs/get-home/emergency bags, as well as a few new additions and modifications to my pickup trucks.

2. Cheeser
    • In Omnia Paratus

Cheeser Hey Bub!

Welcome aboard :) looks like a very good start you have there, but hang around here too long and you'll need another bag ;)
    Enabling Inspiring is what we do ;)

3. gibbsrule9
    • Memoria in Aeterna
    • In Omnia Paratus

gibbsrule9 Memoria in Aeterna

Welcome from Canada. It's great to have you with us. I like that thin blue line patch; haven't seen it before.

Duxk, FACE and ManVsLawn like this.
  4. Lou_G

Lou_G Banned

:wavespin:

Welcome from Portland, Oregon!

ManVsLawn likes this.
  5. ManVsLawn

ManVsLawn EDC Junkie!!!!!

Epic first post/dump. :) Gear that is used/carried/works.

I'm very impressed. you need nothing else. You may not want to keep lurking. You'll only buy things you don't need..........

(you need a pocket pry bar):D

6. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

7. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

Pry-curious, are you? ;)

gibbsrule9, cheeser and ManVsLawn like this.
  8. Super04Duty

Thanks for the kind words guys. I wasn't expecting such a positive response to my gear. I have been working on it for a while now, but still....

And I know all about lurking and finding more things I don't need, but are just fun. Im currently looking for some copper bar stock, to turn down on my little bench top lathe to make some custom beads, so I can replace all my bags stock zipper pulls with some red paracord and of course, copper beads. I respect the current makers of them, but I have the skill and ability to make some, so I want to give it a try.

I do need a small pry bar. The Gerber Shard has been doing well so far though. Id love an Atwood, but the prices, while understandable, keep me away. Im also saving up for new BFG KO2 tires for one of my trucks, some Rigid LED light bars for the other truck, AND my 3rd Glock. Not to mention the parts kits and upper for my latest polymer 80% lower AR-pistol (in .300 blackout).. so you might say, I have too many hobbies, and not enough time or money. lol

One of my most recent purchases, that I don't need, but thought was cool, is that little black/white tube looking thing between my Bamboo stylus and Fisher "trekker" space pen, I call it my Light Saber, its a waterproof/tempered glass glow stick basically. lol
    [​IMG]

Antithetik, cheeser, Nick4305 and 2 others like this.
  9. Dorian
    • In Omnia Paratus

Dorian EDC Junkie!!!

Welcome from Minnesota.

10. Nick4305
    • In Omnia Paratus

Nick4305 EDC Junkie!!!!!

Welcome from Italy !

11. Millertime1974
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Millertime1974 Loaded Pockets

Greetings, y'all, from Northern KY! Love the organization!

I also have the red blur and would carry it every day if I didn't love my select fire even more!

12. white_wabbit

white_wabbit Loaded Pockets

Welcome from the UK. Very nice collection of items. I'm slowly building my BOB collection at the moment. Still got a few essentials to go (pretty new to it all)

13. Brtsmpsn
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Brtsmpsn Oh, Canada!

:wavespin: greetings from Texas.

14. Jerry L

Jerry L EDC Junkie!!!!!

Welcome and great kit.

15. polonium9

polonium9 EDC Junkie!!!

My god, you're prepared.

If you don't mind me asking, is that Linux I see? :)

You have a great amount of gear and I'm very impressed.
    Welcome to the forums, you'll like it here.
    -
    Logan

Brtsmpsn likes this.
  16. Super04Duty

No, Im afraid its not Linux. Somewhere I still have a system with Mint on it, but I haven't used it, or windows, in a few years now. I have a 2012 MacBook Pro i7 system. (last year for the user serviceability, upgradable RAM and HHDs, no Retina screen, but a small price to pay. Also still has built in super drive (which I will be replacing with an OWC HDD caddy), I just have it hooked up in clamshell mode to my 27" Acer monitor, and use the Apple wireless keyboard and magic mouse.

And thanks for the comments. I really thought I would get some negative ones. Most of what I carry, I have learned to keep handy through my careers in both law enforcement and truck driving. I can't even tell you/show you what I keep in my F350... its loaded to the gills with emergency gear (including enough food/water to keep the wife and I alive for about 2 weeks without resupply, AND we still sleep in it (camper shell/interior storage/organization/blackout curtains). I am always the most "over prepared" person on a camping trip, or even a day trip drive with a hiccup or two, and everyone always tells me I have too much crap packed everywhere. But Im also always the one they call when they need anything. lol

Brtsmpsn and Gwac110 like this.
  17. hal_chase
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

hal_chase EDC Junkie!!!!!

Welcome from the UK :)

18. mlp2147

mlp2147 Loaded Pockets

Welcome aboard!

19. Russ Prechtl

Russ Prechtl EDC Junkie!!!!!

Welcome from Illinois!