1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

My growing collection

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by smokingfish, Nov 19, 2019.

1. smokingfish

smokingfish Loaded Pockets

Took some time to find where I hid all my lights, I'm sure there are more around or in bags somewhere. Got about 6 tiny fenix tucked into bags as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. SOS24

SOS24 Loaded Pockets

Nice collection.

Is the far left a Prometheus Beta? If so how do you like it?

3. smokingfish

It's a nice twisty, the 3 modes are great.

Its copper, so when it was new, my hands would smell of copper. The patina set in and is fine now.

It is quite heavy for a keychain (for me).

SOS24 likes this.
  4. SOS24

SOS24 Loaded Pockets

Thanks. I would imagine the copper would be heavy. I’ve been considering a Nickel one.

5. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

You just reminded me... I have only one 'twisty'; a model E1 made by Powertac. The more I encounter -- and get frustrated by -- the 'clicky' UI for multi mode lights the more frustrated with them I get (I'm looking at you Fenix!). I'm pretty much at the point where either a twisty UI or a rotation UI will be the only multi mode lights I buy going forward...

Anyone want to buy a rarely used Fenix E12? PM me. I just want to see it gone... ;)

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

smokingfish likes this.
  6. smokingfish

What I like about my olight is that the side button controls the modes, and the tail only has 1 mode.

7. turbo6

turbo6 Loaded Pockets

I don't mind a twisty for keychain but if it's a light with multiple modes, I don't necessarily find it any better.

Next time I get a twist activated light it's definitely going to be something simple like on/off high and low. It starts getting cumbersome when you start having more modes and even some I've seen have hidden strobe and moonlight. That's just too much twisting for me.

Probably the most extreme example I have is a custom Lumintop from Vinh at Sky Lumen...literally feels like you are twisting it 36 times to enter programming mode and another dozen twists to navigate the modes Cool light but a workout for your wrist to use it.