1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

My first try on a card holder

Discussion in 'Do-It-Yourself & Gear Modifications' started by Adahn, May 16, 2020.

1. ThaMac

ThaMac Loaded Pockets

Yes, I looked at the Notesleeve. For USD and too big. The direction is not bad though.

Sent from my Glade Air Freshener

2. Adahn

Adahn Loaded Pockets

3. ThaMac

ThaMac Loaded Pockets

There! They nearly got it down.

https://wingback.co.uk/products/cash-wallet-whisky

Add a minimal coin slot/patch. Change the fastener against a slit where you tuck the loose end in, just to avoid a part that could fail.

4. Adahn

Adahn Loaded Pockets

Well, my idea goes into a similar direction, I've already made a template.

I'll try that one first for my own wallet, if it sux I'll try the Whisky wallet ;)

I want more card slits to avoid searching for the right card, the coin slot will be on the inside, so I can do it without a button or anything like that.

5. Adahn

Adahn Loaded Pockets

Tomorrow I'll go to a local saddler to ask if he has a leather splitting machine.
    I want to make a wallet made of two layers only.
    The outer layer shall be cut in the middle (into two layers) from the outside to the middle, leaving an uncut stripe of 1 to 1.5 cm
    The two flaps that shall hold the bill shall be cut, too, so that there's no seing needed on the inside.

If I add a magnet and a piece of steel (or two magnets) inside then there's no need for a closing flap, even though I don't think it's necesary at all.

My template so far (the flap with be a bit smaller I guess)

[​IMG]

I wasn't lazy btw, I just had to finish two personal projects ;)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. ThaMac

ThaMac Loaded Pockets

Oh so you are the one customer buying blank CDs

BTW, here we go again. Great concept but no way to store my three coins. https://nivisto.com/product/redfern-kangaroo-leather-trifold-wallet/

Adahn likes this.
  7. Adahn

Adahn Loaded Pockets

I couldn't tell you how old these CDs are but I'm glad I still have a dozen or so.
    When I use the USB slot in my car it would always jump back to the first track after turning off the engine, with mp3 CDs it can remember the last track. It sux, but what can you do when you can't and don't want to buy another car so soon ;)
    And my brother-in-law knows how to create a tracklist on youtube and how to shoot photos and make them look rather disturbin with powerpoint but he wouldn't know how to get the tracks on an SD card to use them in his car.
    So I decided as I don't have a USB stick or SD card laying around I could just burn a CD but I didn't have those paper sleeves for it.
    Problem erkannt, Problem gebannt! ;)

And if I can get my leather cut then I'd also add a coin section, 95% of them I need for the coffee vending machine on job...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Now that the kids broke off the little nose on the battery cover of the tv-box's remote control I'm even thinking about making a leather for that remote.
    I'm jsut waiting someone would tell me to stop ;)

8. ThaMac

ThaMac Loaded Pockets

Alas there are no better options, I went ahead and ordered a Trove Cash Wrap https://www.trove.cc/collections/trove-cash-wrap

Not happy about the elastic band, but else it seems to be the right direction. Let’s see.

9. Banzboy

Banzboy Loaded Pockets

That elastic band will be the first thing to go belly up as they all get tired.

10. ThaMac

ThaMac Loaded Pockets

Absof*inglutely. But this was the only wallet I was able to find fulfilling my wishes. There seem to be some from Japan, but I’m not able to decipher the websites, let alone ordering there.
    This is not my ideal wallet from material and looks, but it seems to be functionally. It’s frustrating. Small wallet number 12 or so. They all have flaws (IMHO).

11. Cobra 6 Actual

Cobra 6 Actual Loaded Pockets

One option for easily replacing the elastic band: 5 feet of 1/4 inch flat elastic band material is less than $3.00 on Amazon, including free shipping. That will last a long time. If you don’t have access to a sewing machine you can hand sew a replacement band in less than five minutes. Done it lots of times. YMMV.

12. ThaMac

ThaMac Loaded Pockets

Yeah well. So I got this thing a few days ago. It works but it’s kinda tightly packed and not easy to handle. Let’s see how it breaks in.