1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

My first Seiko watch

Discussion in 'Watches' started by DCBman, Apr 27, 2021.

1. DCBman

DCBman Loaded Pockets

First of all, no, I don't have a picture; it's an old story. However, I love Seiko watches! (many others too, but Seiko holds a place in my heart).

When I was a kid in Jr. HS my buddy had a Seiko Pepsi can. I was jealous. His mom gave it to him to win favor with him over his dad (they were divorced). I always wanted a Seiko, but obviously I couldn't afford one, and my parents dang sure weren't buying some dumb kid (me) one. I was, however, a really good skier, and so my parents did buy me some of the best ski gear and we skied some really great places. (I would go on to become an instructor).

One weekend we were in Park City, Utah, in some rented condo skiing for the weekend. It was a tiny place, but I didn't care if there was skiing. It was a one bedroom affair with a pull-out couch, which is where I slept. On the last night, I woke up in the morning and stretched...and shoved my hands up into the back of the couch...and there was something there! I pulled it out, and holy CRAP, it was a Seiko watch! When we checked out I both my parents and I asked if anyone had reported a watch missing. Nope. So, free Seiko watch!

Now, this watch wasn't particularly attractive, it had a brown face and it was kind of "glunky", but hey, it was a Seiko, and that was all that mattered to me! It was an automatic, which was nice, and I wore it for years. It was my first Seiko.

Since then I've gotten a number of far better Seikos, and I've even graduated from them to better even better watches on some occasions, but I will never forget that watch. It was never as cool as my buddy's Pepsi can Seiko, but then again I was glad my parents weren't vying for my attention as divorcee's either.

Watch is probably worth a "billion" dollars now, and I have no idea what ever happened to it. To this day I still LOVE Seiko watches though, and I've owned, and own, many.

That is all.

2. Sentinel-14

Sentinel-14 Loaded Pockets

Pics? Or at least some model/case numbers so we can image search for ourselves?

3. DCBman

DCBman Loaded Pockets

Gosh, I wouldn't have the slightest idea, the last time I saw that watch was probably 40 years ago! Let me see if I can go find an example.

ETA - This is the one. (Lets see if this works)...

[​IMG]

Last edited by DCBman, May 1, 2021
    #3 DCBman, May 1, 2021
    Last edited: May 1, 2021
    Sentinel-14 likes this.