1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

My First OMG WEAPON Experience

Discussion in 'Knives' started by Pseudonym, Jan 9, 2012.

1. ATF

ATF Loaded Pockets

LOL at the HK knife!

2. MKram

MKram Loaded Pockets

Unless...

They had a bigger caliber and more rounds....

I always use the insurance analogy, you have insurance on your car, home, health....to help protect you against losses - I have a knife/gun/took martial arts training to prevent and protect from losses to my person. Those things I insure, I can replace. My person, and those I love, are irreplaceable and I use the most capable tools I can to minimize the risks to them.

3. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

I tend to just let people believe what they've decided to believe. I'm not a good debater and I'm not going to change anyone's mind so rather than give them any "ammo" or practice winning they're argument, I just leave them in their ignorance.

I subscribe to my Uncles way of thinking..."What are they gonna do, eat me?" They can't win a one sided argument.

4. dewildeman

dewildeman Loaded Pockets

5. Pseudonym

Pseudonym Loaded Pockets

lol

6. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

Not without a knife, right!?! I'm a tough old bird.

7. Lightnig

Lightnig Loaded Pockets

That's just plain awesome, I love it

I'd probably want to buy ten of them if I knew where to find them. One for the wife, one for the pack, one for the daily carry at the office, one for my super-macho redneck buddy, awww heck and one for my daughter as her first knife (once she's done jr' high...)

8. dewildeman

dewildeman Loaded Pockets

It's a Spyderco Persistance that I had Jeff at 4bushweaponssytems do. I met him at a knife show in St Louis last year and asked him if he would try it. It's different from his usual spyders and skulls. It came out great. He's a member of the forum, BTW.

9. Lightnig

Lightnig Loaded Pockets

He did a heck of a good job, has a better than factory look about it for sure.

As much as I love it, I have a feeling it is worth more than I would care to know... heh

10. Moxnil

Moxnil Loaded Pockets

There are just some people who insist on seeing knives as weapons, and not as knives. And nothing will change that.

Knives are knives. I hate the people who use them to stab old ladies and take their purses, but the fact that some people use a knife as a weapon isn't going to stop me using my knife as a tool. If it scares someone that I have a useful every day tool, then perhaps that is their problem.

11. mwestjeeper

mwestjeeper Loaded Pockets

Just come up with a cool answer, similar to Ted Nugent's whenever he is asked if he carries a gun.

He replies, "Why would I carry A gun?"

12. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

^ good answer. Answer their question with a question. He who asks the questions controls the discussion.

13. amacman
    • In Omnia Paratus

amacman Loaded Pockets

I think this is a great legitimate way to get people thinking about, guns and our fight to carry them.

I like to ask them something like this "When was the last time you heard about the police PREVENTING a murder (or rape, mugging...etc)?

An acquaintance of mine works in the Real Time Crime Center here in Memphis. Its the center where they monitor the various cameras deployed in Memphis. He told me a relevant story. They were watching 3 suspicious people in an alley downtown. They suspected they were about to break in to a parked car. They had 2 patrol units around the corner/s. They had the units hold position until AFTER they broke in to a car, then came in to make an arrest.

14. vegassprky
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

vegassprky Loaded Circuits

Can't make an arrest before the crime!? Not a Tom Cruise movie!

15. JonM1911

JonM1911 Loaded Pockets

Someone else already said it, but its really dependant on where you're at. There are sections of the US, where people would go crazy if you had a knife on you, and there are sections where you'd be out of place without one. Heck, even states themselves can be like that, from rural to city areas. I carry a sidearm and usually 2 knives. Usually have a spyderco delica in my left back pocket, which I'll use while in public because its small and I have a gerber CLS rescue knife on the front right pocket. Large blade, glass breater, and seatbelt cutter with g10 grips. Its nice, but big and would draw attention. You should see the looks from friends when I pull out my spyderco police model lol. I try to attract as little attention as possible, carry my weapon concealed, even though open carry is legal. I'd rather not have the hastle of ******* going crazy over my gun and calling the cops about a man with a gun. I dont need the stress.

16. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

Heard! It stresses my wife when I open carry. All because of that I guy at Walmart.

17. JonM1911

JonM1911 Loaded Pockets

I think most women are naturally more anti-confrontational that guys. haha. You're in a more OC friendly state, I would think, then I am.

18. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

It really depends on the part, or rather, city. Lots of places here where you are looked down on if you don't carry a gun. Then again, in some of the really rural parts, everyone knows each other and no one needs a gun. I think we had something like 40-ish gun murders, alone, last year, here.

19. JonM1911

JonM1911 Loaded Pockets

True. Down in Southern Ohio I would most likely OC...an AR lol. I've heard some stories about the people down there...The "I hear banjos paddle faster" kinda :giddyup:

20. Renegadez

Renegadez Empty Pockets

Hi Everyone, I have been reading your forums for awhile and decided I should sign up because I wanted to post to this thread also this seems like a great source of info! I was pulled over the police while riding my Harley here in Missouri as I am in a motorcycle club and the officer wanted to "check me out". I always carry a SOG Seal pup unconcealed on my belt as it is legal here to carry a fix blade as long as it is unconcealed. I stayed on my bike he came up and the first thing he did was draw the knife from my sheath then request dl and insurance info. Anyway I was calm cool and polite and when we were done he returned my knife and told me it was a nice piece of hardware and asked me were i bought it from. So I get stares often when carrying a knife of this size which knives are common here but i just remain calm and cool and usually have no issues thanks

Renegadez