1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

My first nice watch.

Discussion in 'Watches' started by BigRob, Apr 27, 2013.

1. deki

deki Loaded Pockets

My mum got me this one from the airport in Vienna:
    [​IMG]

And the strap:
    [​IMG]

2. EDCSteve

EDCSteve Loaded Pockets

Congrats on school and the watch. Is it the photo or is the watch face a little large?

3. deki

deki Loaded Pockets

Not sure if that's for me EDCSteve? But I'd say it's the photo..the watch face isn't that large I think. Might seem like it is because of my small wrist.

4. ericjohn

ericjohn Loaded Pockets

I bought my first nice watch a little over 7 years ago at Sears (August 2006.) It was a Casio that had both analog and digital time. Actually, it had two digital times that were completely independent of each other in adition to the analog dial. It also had a stopwatch, alarm and a digital calendar. The dial was in black and gold and there was the small screen at the bottom. It was made of black resin. The calendar could set any date between 1995 and 2039. I bought it because, being a writer, sometimes I like to emulate my protagonist characters. In the particular story I was writing; there was a tractor mechanic who had the watch equivalent of a Casio and bought it at a store the equivalent of Sears. I didn't pay any attention to the digital clock, but I would synchronize the analog to the time clock at my job. I remember everyone waiting to clock in and I always knew right when the top of the minute began. I would show off and say "Now" and I was right on the money. Needless to say; this thing was pretty :censored: accurate. I had it for two years, but then the band broke when I was moving a dresser. Not long after; it was lost. I am guessing they no longer make this specific model, as it is not on Casio's website. There are many of them still on store shelves, at lower prices. Also; there are very similar variants on the website. All in all; it was one of my favorites and set me back ~$37 after tax.

*EDIT*
    I didn't realize that a $37 watch wasn't considered nice. However; it is the most expensive price I ever paid for a watch. I don't have that much money, so I try to be thrifty (sometimes.) I happened to be shopping at the mall today, so I paid a visit to Sears. I asked the saleslady for the model number for the aforementioned watch. It is a Casio AQ150W-IEV. There was one left at my local Sears and was selling for $34.95 +tax. You probably won't find it on Casio's website, but a google search should provide some results.

*EDIT*
    I did find it on Casio's site, but apparently it is not shown "on display." Here is a link:
    http://www.casio-usa.com/products/Watches/Sports/AQ150W-1EV/

Last edited by ericjohn, Sep 4, 2013
  5. jeepsrjason
    • In Omnia Paratus

jeepsrjason Loaded Pockets

I'm not sure exactly how define "nice" watch. Price? Fit and finish? Brand? I think I was 15 or 16 (20 years ago) when I asked for a Citizen for Christmas. I think it was about $300. I got it and I had it for a week before a kitten bit it and shattered the crystal. I kept it in a box for a few years then threw it out. When I got to college I got into G shocks. I have none of them now. At 22 years old I bought this...[​IMG]

My Navy Seal watch was the most expensive watch I ever bought.... At the time. Now, I freaking hate it. I really want to like it but I just don't.

Moving on... During R&R from my deployment to Afghanistan in 2010 I received a Marathon Maple Leaf GSAR. I consider that my first nice watch.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I just bought a Tawatec Titan a few months ago. This is a really nice watch! So, it's the first nice watch I actually paid for. :cool:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BigRob and speedmaster like this.
  6. Speedracer 64

Speedracer 64 Loaded Pockets

Love that watch.

jeepsrjason likes this.
  7. Carbonate

Carbonate Loaded Pockets

Well done bigrob, well done!! Finishing college is a big goal. Note the date on that new watch when finishing college actually sets in! Great watch as well.