1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

My first G-SHOCK GD-350-8

Discussion in 'Watches' started by bryan123, Dec 15, 2018.

1. bryan123

bryan123 Loaded Pockets

My girlfriend got it for me for Hanukkah. She knew that I wanted a G-Shock because we recently went on vacation to Grand Cayman and a lot of the natives who live down there were wearing G-Shocks.

The GD-350 has been around for about five years. I wouldn't call it a square G-Shock but I certainly wouldn't call it round either. Kind of oval-shaped. It is a grey stealth color with easy to press buttons. I really like that the wording on the watch bezel is engraved rather than painted or printed on, and the display is very large and more readable compared to some of the smaller square g shocks that I have seen. This G-Shock features a mute function and a vibration alarm. It also has a total of five alarms, one of which is snooze. It is a very large CR 2032 battery.

I have had it for a week now and it is still accurate to within 1 second as compared to my Oceanus that receives a nightly atomic synchronization signal.

Does anyone else have one of these?

Bryan

2. RoboSim

RoboSim Loaded Pockets

I have one, it's great. I like that it has a (relatively) clean look with large legible time and date on it as opposed to the newer ones with a billion different things going on on the watch face.

bryan123 likes this.
  3. MCPOWoller

MCPOWoller Loaded Pockets

You can't go wrong with any of the G-Shocks. over my 30 years in the military I have had a half dozen or so models. I ended up with the solar powered ones because my battery would die half way through a deployment and it would be easier to just buy a new one than replace the battery. The GD-350 is a great watch.

bryan123 likes this.
  4. steel_6

steel_6 Loaded Pockets

I have a GD350 as well and LOVE it. The vibrate alarm is the only one I've found on wrist watches to wake me up, and with the 5-year battery, I replace it before deployments and know it'll keep strong. It's extremely visible too, especially for a negative display.

MCPOWoller likes this.