1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

My EDC setup.

Discussion in 'Show us pics of your EDC!' started by neginfluence04, Oct 3, 2013.

1. batteur
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

batteur Loaded Pockets

I still have no idea what a hi-lift jack is, but it looks more like it makes sense now. ;)

2. neginfluence04

neginfluence04 Loaded Pockets

Now I need to figure out a lighting and mounting solution for the license plate. I will probably end up building something that looks like the ORO liteplate.

Antithetik likes this.
  3. neginfluence04

that's just the brand name of an offroad jack. They are made for lifted trucks with larger tires and make jacking the truck up for maintenance and winching yourself out of a sticky situation.

Antithetik likes this.
  4. neginfluence04

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I'll let ya know if it does the job or if it has to go back. I plan on installing it in the center console and hard wiring it in.

5. neginfluence04

So I've decided to go ahead and try to conquer the compressor mount and USB charger in the center console. The plan is to mount the compressor in the center console and to mount a USB charger between the cup holders. Today I managed to remove the console, get everything cleaned up, and dry fit everything to see how its going to fit.

I'm think that something like this water proof bike USB/12V outlet should fit between the cup holders
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. neginfluence04

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Today I mounted the LED lighting for the center console

Dr. Bahn, Sully021, Sriracha and 5 others like this.
  7. neginfluence04

finally got the carpet installed
    [​IMG]

today the USB charger came in
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Now I just have to find the time to get it installed and get all the wiring done.

Dr. Bahn, Antithetik, Lou_G and 3 others like this.
  8. Sriracha

Sriracha Loaded Pockets

That suburban is so clean! I live near NYC and rarely see a Suburban of that vintage, and when I do, its full of holes from the Northeast Tinworm. Boy, I wish I could weld stuff like that! Very nice.

neginfluence04 likes this.
  9. neginfluence04

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Finally got everything installed. Next on the to do list is to wire it up and get installed in the car.

10. neginfluence04

Finally finished the centerfold project and boy was it ever a project. The compressor is up and running, the led lighting is working flawlessly, and the USB charger is charging. I'm absolutely in love with my truck and wouldn't trade it for anything. I have many more project to come ple
    Finally found the time to finish up the center console project.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. neginfluence04

My next project will be finishing up the car audio and installing and testing the LED lights once they show up

Antithetik likes this.
  12. neginfluence04

Today I got my shipping confirmation that my TUFF LED LIGHTS had been shipped. After a ton of research I decided to go ahead and pull the trigger on a more affordable lighting solution for my suburban build. I've heard nothing but good things about rigid, Baja, and some of the other higher end brands but like many others i can't afford to spend that kind of cash right now. I'm a firm believer that just because something is affordable doesn't mean its cheap and just because something cost an arm and a leg doesn't mean its quality. I've found that TUFF LED LIGHTS are based out of Colorado which means no shipping out of country if I have an issue. after tons of research I've found that a lot of the Chinese eBay and amazon lights have glass lens, 1 watt crap leds, and after being left on the heat causes the paint to flake off, turn colors, and in some instances melt what ever plastic is near by. Tuff doesn't seem to have any of those issues because they are made from higher quality materials, have a polycarbonate lens, use 3 watt leds, and are powercoated. I've also found their customer service department to be amazing thus far. I can't tell you how many times I've called them to ask product questions and every time i've always been greeted by a friendly and knowledgeable person. I'm pretty stoked and can't wait to get my lighting in.

Lou_G likes this.
  13. neginfluence04

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

And so the car audio project begins.

Dr. Bahn, FighterZak, Lou_G and 3 others like this.
  14. neginfluence04

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [imhttps://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/v/t1.0-9/p180x540/10685776_872274812792001_4220190875626628774_n.jpg?oh=c2f3b282bf2d330431e1061947716125&oe=54F0F672&__gda__=1424201516_2b4f7e444ace08bbf6a84b6c2b1edb3a[/img][​IMG]

15. neginfluence04

My TUFF LED LIGHTING came in last night and I must say that my initial thoughts are Tuff makes a quality light at an affordable price. Everything felt robust, it felt heavy, it felt well made, it just felt good in my hands, and the overall quality of the lighting far exceeded my expectations. Not all of us can afford rigid or Baja and just because something doesn't cost you an arm and a leg doesn't mean it's not a quality product. I bought 6 lights and 4 wiring harnesses with led toggles from Tuff LED Lighting for far less than what one large LED light bar from Rigid would have cost me. I briefly hooked up these little 3" 24watt work lights and I'm happy to report they are SUPER BRIGHT and have a lot of throw. I'm looking forward to installing them but first I wanna do some testing to verify they're TUFF.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I PLAN TO ADD THESE LIGHTS TO THE FRONT BUMPER ANS PLACE THEM ON THE OUTSIDE EDGE OF THE PUSH GUARDS.

16. neginfluence04

The wiring harnesses are very thick, somewhere in the range of 10-12 gauge if I had to guess. like I said earlier the finish and quality of these lights is astounding. I can't wait to put them through some TUFF testing to see if they live up to their name.

Dr. Bahn, Antithetik and Lou_G like this.
  17. neginfluence04

18. neginfluence04

19. neginfluence04

My ADD is getting the best of me

20. neginfluence04

I tried to finish installing the amp tonight but the mid 20 degree weather and 20-30 mph wind gust forced me back inside. I did however take some pictures of the factory lighting showing the lows vs highs vs low and high vs low and highs on bright. What I mean by that is the truck has 4 head lights, one set for lows (bottom) and one set for highs (top). The previous owner swapped the highs with lows and ran a relay which would allow the lows and highs to run at the same time and would increase the brightness of both if the highs were engaged.
    LOWS
    [​IMG]
    HIGHS
    [​IMG]
    LOWS AND HIGHS
    [​IMG]
    LOWS AND HIGHS ON BRIGHT
    [​IMG]

Antithetik and Dr. Bahn like this.