1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

My EDC pack saves the day

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by computermike, Feb 12, 2013.

1. computermike

computermike Loaded Pockets

The lense of my glasses popped out of the frame and hit the tiled floor of the bathroom and broke with the sickening tinkle of glass. I just recently started carrying my EDC pack to work and it includes my backup pair of glasses. Good thing as I am blind as a bat without them. Previously my spares lived in the glove box of my car. I put the damaged by still kinda servicable lense into the frames so I have some kind of backups until I get replacements. My computer work tool kit didn't have a small enough screw driver to tighten down the screws in the frame but the small combo screw driver in my EDC worked just fine. It felt great to have what I needed when I needed it.

jph0200, =RedFox=, Mighty Max and 3 others like this.
  2. SurvivePenna
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

SurvivePenna EDC Junkie!!!!!

Great story from "real life". Thank you for sharing. I have a small repair kit (tiny screwdriver etc.) that I plan on EDC'ing soon. Even if I don't need it for my glasses...someone else might. :)

3. tmedina

tmedina EDC Junkie!!!!!

Just a thought, but you wouldn't go wrong by carrying an eyeglass-specific screwdriver and repair kit. Or, you know, a paperclip. Either one works, really. :D

(I say this as a fellow eye-glass wearer.)

4. defuse kit

defuse kit Loaded Pockets

I have some small paperclips in my repair kit. I've used them before to fix missing hinge screws. And I'm not sure of your circumstances, but I love my glasses. Polycarbonate lenses saved me a lot of heartache.

tmedina likes this.
  5. computermike

computermike Loaded Pockets

I do have a repair kit with my spare glasses. Also some eye drops and a cleaning cloth I took the cheap little screwdriver out of the repair kit in favor of the mini screwdriver set in the tool bag