1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

My EDC Maxpedition Fatty

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Puff, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Puff

Puff Loaded Pockets

(FAO Admin - please move this thread if it's in the wrong sub-forum, thanks!)
    So here is a few photos of my Maxpedition Fatty - This isn't a survival bag BTW. Just an every day bag that I would keep in my car, or away at weekends. Everything in here has been thought out and reflects on what I could have done with in the past, but never had on me at the time, and may well help me out in the future. (In the past I have always thought to myself at a given time "I wish I had [insert item here] on me...!") :eek:

Some great photos of all your EDC contents on here and food-for-thought indeed! I really enjoy it and I guess deep down I'm just a gadgety kind of person too haha.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fire Fighter, Treya, Dany and 14 others like this.
  2. PragmaticMurphyist

PragmaticMurphyist Loaded Pockets

Very nice selection! Welcome to the forum!

Cobra 6 Actual likes this.
  3. Puff

Puff Loaded Pockets

Thank you PragmaticMurphyist :) What an insight this forum is ^_^

Just an observation I have made, but I get the impression that EDC-ing is very much a blokey-thing to do? I do not see many ladies on here and most EDC kit is very 'manly' looking, if that makes sense lol. Everything is very bare metal/ shiney/ black in colour..but my kit has a spectrum of colour to it compared to most. Perhaps I'm just over-amalysing! :D

4. echo victor

echo victor Previously "YankeeHotelFoxtrot"

Puff,
    Yes indeed, nice selection and organization. And thanks for alerting me to the Vic knife sharpener. I wasn't aware of it and it's the perfect size for storing in a bag or organizer pouch. That'll be added to my Shopping Cart shortly.

Welcome!

Cobra 6 Actual likes this.
  5. Puff

Puff Loaded Pockets

Hi YankeeHotelFoxtrot,
    yes you can get a Vic Knife sharpner. It's double-ended too! I bought it knowing that with Victorinox, you know you're getting the good quality stuff :)
    [​IMG]

6. Spyke

Spyke Loaded Pockets

Wait just a minute! A redhead AND likes gadgets?!?! I am head over heels in love! Welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

echo victor, Cobra 6 Actual and Puff like this.
  7. IMWILSON
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

IMWILSON EDC Wizard

Welcome to the forum. Actually, the Forum has more female members than most people realize.

Sent from a faraway Galaxy. .....

8. Puff

Puff Loaded Pockets

Yup.

Cobra 6 Actual, echo victor and Spyke like this.
  9. PragmaticMurphyist

Yep, I have one and can vouch for it. The "slim pen" design also makes it ideal for organiser pouches and the like.

echo victor and Cobra 6 Actual like this.
  10. jcwagers

jcwagers Loaded Pockets

I can only think of a couple of things that might be useful....and might not be, depending on your situation. It looks like you're lacking a bit of cordage (paracord, yarn, bankline, etc). I know you have a sewing kit but the thread from that would be a last resort I would think since you don't want to have to scavenge from it if you don't have to. I know you have cable ties but sometimes if you need to tie something, it's easier to have a bit of cordage than to have to use shoe laces or something like that. Another thing might be a bandanna, as they can be used for many many things. Other than that, it looks like you've got things pretty well covered. Do you carry a separate flashlight or pocket knife on you, that's not part of the EDC kit? I'm just curious if you carry other EDC items on your person to compliment what you have in the kit. :) I know a lot of people like the Nano. I don't have one so I don't know how long the batteries last for it but hopefully they last a pretty good while. I've always been partial to the Fenix E01, which has a crazy runtime but may not be much brighter than what you have (looks like 10 lumens for streamlight vs 13 for fenix). As long as you're happy with what you have and it meets your needs, that's all that matters. Your kit looks very solid and it's difficult to know exactly what everybody uses their EDC for sometimes. It's hard to be prepared for everything but it looks like you've got a lot of situations covered. :)

11. NKlamerus

NKlamerus Loaded Pockets

Welcome!

Quite the setup! Really love the photos too! Nice and detailed.

What's the power pack/torch?

Like a cell phone charging bank and lighter in one??

12. jcwagers

jcwagers Loaded Pockets

I think in the UK they sometimes refer to flashlights as torches. I'd say it's an external battery charger for a phone that has a light on it. That's my guess... :)

Puff likes this.
  13. Puff

Puff Loaded Pockets

Thank you for those ideas jcwagers :) I might add a paracord bracelet to my bag for future use. It's not a hard-core 'survivalist' EDC, more of an every day use bag, so I feel I won't need 100+ ft of paracord with me, but I suppose several feet won't go wrong :)

Jcwagers, NKlamerus,
    I have a mobile/ cell phone power bank that doubles as a torch in my EDC. It might not be up there with Nitecore torches etc but it gets the job done. Kill two birds with one stone...thats what i say!
    I have a Nano in my EDC, and I also carry a Nitecore Tube on my car keys. :)

Thank you for your input. x

14. Puff

Puff Loaded Pockets

Yes you are right!

Torches = Flashlights
    Mobile phone = Cell phone

Same thing...different name :p

15. NKlamerus

NKlamerus Loaded Pockets

Ooooohhhh!! Torch as in flashlight, my bad. I was thinking torch like supped-up bic lighter! My bad!!

Puff likes this.
  16. Wesmanthetiger

Wesmanthetiger Loaded Pockets

I don't know, I think women are the original EDC professionals. What my wife carries around daily in her purse/bag is truly awe inspiring! ;)

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Treya and surefire7 like this.
  17. Puff

Puff Loaded Pockets

Please, tell me more! :-D

18. PragmaticMurphyist

Building on the cordage suggestion, you might find Gearward CSC (very thin, strong, kevlar line) or Atwood Micro Cord (like paracord but much thinner) to be a more compact solution to the traditional paracord.

Puff likes this.
  19. Puff

Puff Loaded Pockets

Thank you for that PragmaticMurphyist. I didn't know you got alterntives to Pracord :)

PragmaticMurphyist likes this.
  20. Gary Gross

Gary Gross Loaded Pockets

Welcome aboard Puff! It may be the "blokes" just enjoy showing their gear off more than the ladies. I do tend to color coordinate, but then again, most tools I choose from don't come in pink and purple anyway. As long as you have what you need and enjoy it, EDC it!

Puff likes this.