1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

My "downsized" EDC

Discussion in 'Show us pics of your EDC!' started by enki_ck, Feb 5, 2010.

1. enki_ck

enki_ck Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

1. Nokia 5310 XpressMusic with 3.5' audiojack = cell phone + MP3 player
    2. Leatherman Skeletool CX
    3. Watch = Jacques Lemans 1284
    4. e-book reader = BeBook Mini 5''
    5. Case Logic camera bag (no camera inside - for list of items see below)
    + my keys

[​IMG]

1. Card Holder containing bank and credit cards, id, ... + a few matches, bandages, and micro sd cards
    2. Maglite Solitaire
    3. Victorinox Camper
    4. Mini Bic lighter
    5. Lip Balm
    6. Measuring tape 150 cm/60 in
    7. Chewing Gum
    8. Extra battery for my cell phone
    9. USB Key (changing it for a mini sd card reader soon)
    10. Duct Tape on a half of a phone card
    11. Candy box turned into a cigarette case

Often I carry my eee pc netbook with internal huawei modem

I'm definitely going to change my Maglite for something stronger, an am thinking of TANK007 TK-703, Blake Cat HM-01 HA-II or in the less lumen range Leatherman Monarch 300 or Fenix E01. All suggestions are welcome.

2. enki_ck

enki_ck Loaded Pockets

Almost 250 views and no comments. Is it so bad? What should I change?

microbe likes this.
  3. usmc18

usmc18 Loaded Pockets

I like it O0

4. billybag
    • In Omnia Paratus

billybag Loaded Pockets

New to this but I like it. Rather straight forward. My stuff seems t evolve. Seems like you are working on it too.
    Keep going.

5. wwood70

wwood70 Loaded Pockets

I think the lack of comments is more an indication that everyone feels that you have the basics down and it a good set-up. When I first saw it, my thoughts were get a better light, which I went on to read that you're already considering. Beyond that, I'd suggest adding a notepad (at least something to write on) and pen. But you really do have a good, no nonsense kit.

6. Buzzcut

Buzzcut Loaded Pockets

I'd agree with the others--a nice basic setup that's well organized (like the color identifiers for the keys).

Nice use of the camera bag. Is it a belt carry or shoulder strap?

Wondering about how you carry cash--in wallet, money clip, or just loose?

How do you carry the e-reader?

To much of a newb to suggest lights, but with all the great lights out there nowadays, and all the flashaholics on this site, I don't think you'll have a problem finding the right one for you.

I second wwood70 about pen/pencil/paper, unless you use your phone (or e-reader?) for notes.

7. enki_ck

enki_ck Loaded Pockets

The bag is on an adjustable strap (you canse it onthe first pic) around my waist.

Money - in my back pocket in a large, 5cm /2inch paperclip, gave up on wallets years ago, too much bulk.

The e-reader carry will be a problem in a few months. Now i carry it inside my coat or jacket pocket. It's a small one 15x10x1 cm but I don't know where I'm going to put it in the summer. Any ideas for carry options?

As for pens, I always have multiple. And high quality ones, some older then me. ;) But I have them in my bag or jacket pocket. In a pinch, I use my phone to make notes and photos.

8. LeeEdc

LeeEdc Empty Pockets

i had that phone aswell, but I tripped over the charger, the powerplug was bent :mad:

9. enki_ck

enki_ck Loaded Pockets

I love it, thin light, capable. I cracked the case this summer, found the copy of the case on some Chinese ebay store, so I ordered two, just in case, along with a few extra batteries. Should keep the love going for a couple of years :D

10. bwperdue

bwperdue Loaded Pockets

Why so many skeleton keys?

11. Wooden Foot

Wooden Foot Empty Pockets

I was wondering the same thing. Other than that very nice set up. I have the same solitare!

12. enki_ck

enki_ck Loaded Pockets

Storage closets at work and a shack at home, they're a pain in the a** but I'm not allowed to change the locks ;)

13. zev

zev Loaded Pockets

Honestly? Time to quit smoking. ;D

Otherwise nice kit.

14. Bucky

Bucky Loaded Pockets

You asked for flashlight suggestions so I would suggest a Fenix or 4Sevens light in either 1AA, 1CR123 or 2CR123 configuration.

Also, although you are covered with the SAK and Skeletool, I think a decent one-handed folder would be a nice addition.

15. ssmtbracer

ssmtbracer EDC Junkie!!!!!

16. durhamsurvivor

durhamsurvivor Empty Pockets

Nice kit but lose the cigarettes and replace it with a micro AM/FM radio, get a bigger flashlight and extra batteries, Micro Compass?, Duct tape? Paracord?
    DS

17. enki_ck

enki_ck Loaded Pockets

I ordered a TANK007 TK-703 to try it out as a replacement for the solitaire, and to use it as a bike light. I also might be getting a fenix eo1 because of the battery time and durability.

As for the bigger folder,don't feel the need to. If I go camping I have my Ka-bar KBD1 and a machette with me, but in urban areas I never needed one even when I carried them. I've been EDC-ing a SAK for 15 years and used it a lot, only thing I was missingwas not a bigger blade, it was pliers. So 2 years ago i bought a surge and a skeletool, and now I'm covered.

AM/FM radio - included on the Phone
    Flashlight - on the way
    Batteries - carry in the bag
    micro compass - all my watches are analog so I can use them in the manner of a compass in a pinch. But if I'm going to a new city or woods I carry a compass.
    duct tape - have it listed below #10 pic2
    paracord - maybe, thinking of making paracord strap for a casio watch I sometimes carry.

18. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

Looks like a good solid EDC.

Regarding the flashlight, I'd go with a Fenix LD01, 4sevens Preon or Maratac AAA / iTP Eos (Maratac & iTP are the same light) rather than the AAA lights that you have suggested. The iTP Eos will even be in the same price range.

I did have to wonder about something, though,...

Do you eat Fisherman's Friend lozenges as candy?! :green: :shocked: :p

19. enki_ck

enki_ck Loaded Pockets

;D OK, a MINT box turned into a cigarette case. Better?

I'll consider the advice on the flashlights. Thanks for that. I see all of the suggestions have multiple modes. I always thought the more modes you have, the bigger the chance is of something going wrong.

20. enki_ck

enki_ck Loaded Pockets

[​IMG] A small update. I still carry the same camera bag, I forgot the duct tape in it. The Skeletool and Wave are carried one or the other. All other items are carried always. I havent kicked the "habbit", just didn't put them on the table. there's a new mikro sd reader instead of my usb, small clipers, a new light tank007 703, a peanut, mini permanent marker and pen, a business card case for my credit cards, IDs, and, go figure, business cards ;)