1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

My divers

Discussion in 'Watches' started by crawdad62, Dec 19, 2009.

1. crawdad62

crawdad62 Loaded Pockets

Hi all. New guy here. I sort of started out collecting watches. Before I didn't EDC anything :laugh: Anyway I fell in love with divers. Thought I'd share them with you.

First one is an Orient Star 300mm auto. My favorite. It's huge and I love the weight. It's heavier than my Eco-Zilla (which I don't have a picture of)

[img width=640 height=451]http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u109/crawdad62/Orientstar.jpg[/img]

This trio is a Citizens Orca, Seiko "Tuna Can" and a Seiko Sawtooth.

[img width=640 height=426]http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u109/crawdad62/beach.jpg[/img]

The last is the same Seiko Tuna Can on a Watchadoo bracelet.

[img width=640 height=469]http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u109/crawdad62/tuna_rock.jpg[/img]

2. Roger Beep

Roger Beep Loaded Pockets

I like those watches a lot! Great combo.

Welcome to our little spot on the internet btw. It's an honour to have you here O0

3. karlito

karlito Loaded Pockets

Nice rotation. On the Tuna Can, what is the symbol next to the 1?

4. crawdad62

crawdad62 Loaded Pockets

Thanks guys. That's the Japanese Kanji for Tuesday. It's only sold in Asia so it has the day represented in Kanji symbols.

5. karlito

karlito Loaded Pockets

Makes it even cooler.

6. photomic

photomic Loaded Pockets

O0

I like every one of these...

:drool:

7. Angry Scientist

Angry Scientist Empty Pockets

time to pick up some nice swiss divers, i love all of your too. my collection, without pics:

rolex sea dweller
    tag aquaracer
    oris regulator
    omega seamaster
    debaufre ocean 1
    hamilton navy diver
    torneau diver
    marcello diver

amongst various others, divers are addictive!

8. crawdad62

crawdad62 Loaded Pockets

Bingo!!! I love that watch. It's certainly on my list of fairly obtainable grails. That and a Panerai (which is a bit farther down the obtainable list ;))

9. Finnigan

Finnigan Loaded Pockets

Are you sure it doesn't have both? I have seen pictures of Tuna's on the net showing the day in Englisn. I have an old Seiko automatic that has both. The way you change on mine is you pull the crown out to the position where you change the day. I turn it backwards until I see the day "jump" but it will still stay the same day. Then, when I turn it forwards to set the day it converts to the other language. I am not saying this will work with the Tuna, but it works with my Seiko automatic, and if you google the Seiko Tuna you will see pics showing the day in english.

10. Phaeton

Phaeton Empty Pockets

I agree. All Seikos that I have owned have the day in two languages. Always English and something. Kanji, Arabic, Spanish and others. Although the Kanji symbols are very cool once you learn them.

Mark

11. photomic

photomic Loaded Pockets

I'm sure that he does know and just likes to use the Kanji wheel for the "exotic" look.... ;D

12. crawdad62

crawdad62 Loaded Pockets

Bingo! Yes it has both. But I like the Kanji. The Sawtooth has both day and date too and it's English and Spanish (I use the English on it) but being a Seiko and all the Kanji just seemed appropriate.

13. sam38

sam38 Empty Pockets

Nice collection! The Orient Star is my favorite, too. O0

14. MAZ3ESP

MAZ3ESP Loaded Pockets

What no Monsters!! Seriously awesome collection I love the divers I have an Orange Monster that always attractions attention. Your Orient Star is sweet I love those!

15. sam38

sam38 Empty Pockets

Fabulous collection! I'm really loving dive watches these days.... :roof:

16. SF1

SF1 Banned

All of mine are Rolex. However, I do have three old Seiko SS Digitals from the mid 70's when they were the flagship watches for Seiko, and the style of the day. Plus a Sports 100 Divers from I think 1982. I keep them all running, and they still work perfect. The original digitals were very well made, and first rate quality.

I do think every man shoud own at least one nice swiss watch, of a brand they like. There is something about a well made swiss timepiece.

Nice collection you have there.

SF1

17. crawdad62

crawdad62 Loaded Pockets

Thanks everyone. Yeah you're right MAZ I do need a Monster. Been waiting for one to come my way but I'm really looking for a DOXA which is my next purchase. I need to get a picture of my Eco-Zilla too. SF I had a Seiko "Arnold" from the early 80's that I sold last year that was still working top-notch.

18. robrit13

robrit13 Loaded Pockets

No question, you all have some classy diver collections. If price wasn't and issue, and my spouse's wrath, I could join you. However, I will settle for my trusty Freestyle Hammerhead Diver Watch that rates at 200m and rarely ever leaves my wrist.

Enjoy those beauties though!