1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

My Disappointing Experience with Arclight Systems

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Joe S, Aug 28, 2011.

1. Joe S

Joe S Loaded Pockets

Copied from the thread I had posted on LF.net. Trying to keep anyone else from being screwed. Mods, I figured this was most appropriate forum, if not, I apologize.

For back story, see here: http://lightfighter.net/eve/fo...=183104877#183104877

On Feb. 4, I wrote an e-mail to Arclight, inquiring about having bags made in custom fabrics. On the 5th, Mike replied, answered my question. I replied back, thanking him, and letting him know I was going to order one immediately in one of the available options, and then, if I really liked it, order more in fabric that I would source. I then registered on their website and placed an order (this is February 5, 2011), got back confirmation e-mails from Paypal and from Arclight.

Then, since the entire discussion in the above-mentioned thread was related to wait-time, I waited. I wanted to be understanding, as a guy who normally has a lot going on, that other guys sometimes do also.

On March 10, Mike sent me an e-mail, without any prompting from me, that let me know he was finishing up the bag, would finish it over the weekend, and would get it out the following week. "Great", I thought. "5 week turnaround, when I was quoted 4-6". I wrote back immediately, saying as much, that it sounded great, thanks for the follow-up, and I looked forward to receiving the bag.

Fast forward to March 30th, nearly three weeks later, and I have not seen any bag. If you put the bag on the back of a turtle, and smacked the turtle on the ***, it would've made it from Rhode Island to NYC in that time. So, I'm worried that it was sent, and then lost in the mail. I write an e-mail to Mike, saying to either way, let me know the status, and that if it had yet to go out, fine, but I needed to know whether he sent it. No response.

2 weeks later, on April 14, I send him an e-mail, inquiring again about the status on the bag. I let him know that if there's something wrong, he can just tell me, and we'll figure it out together.

More than two weeks later, I still had not heard anything, so I sent another e-mail, on April 30th. Still no response to that, either.

Since then, I have called more than a dozen times, left voice-mail several times, and even PM'ed Mike/landshark on LF.

So now it's the end of May, and it's been nearly four months, and I can't even get an e-mail back that tells me whether there is anyone at Arclight with a heartbeat. Don't I look like an idiot for publicly counseling another LF'er to patience, and wanting to give the underdog a fair shot to make up a mistake.

So Mike/landshark, where the hell is my bag?

Note: Still have not heard anything, and it's now the end of August.

Joe S.