1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

My dad bag (Deuter Future 32)

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Warrior's Meadow, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Warrior's Meadow

Warrior's Meadow Loaded Pockets

Good evening everyone,

I've been using this bag for over 1.5 years and find it amazingly comfortable and practical for all day outings with my wife and two kids ( currently 1.5 and 3.5). It took me a while to pick the perfect backpack for our family but I feel this suits our needs perfectly.

I'm hoping this load out will help others who are deciding what to get.

It's not that I didn't want to carry a diaper bag (we do a very nice one I don't mind carrying) but it doesn't work for our active lifestyle.

[​IMG]

How we load it up:

Bottom section- has our diaper changing kit with extra diapers and wips.

[​IMG]

Middle section- we put blankets in first as they can be accessed through a zippered flap in the top of the bottom section. Extra clothes go in next and a small soft sided cooler bag on top.

Outside top flap- usually has sunglasses and a pouch with the kids utensils, bibs and a few wash cloths.

Inside pouch- keys and wallets.

Small zippered pouch on the main section- this varies but can hold wallets and soothers.

[​IMG]

Zippered side pouches- can hold three advent bottles with a formula dispenser. This does cut into space inside.

Water bottle holder- self explanatory but we can get one full size bottle in each without it hindering space inside.

The kids water bottles we clip through the straps on the top pouch.

I find this backpack incredibly comfortably for extended outings and the air comfort system does a great job at keeping my back sweat free.

Thou we've never needed to use it it does have a built in rain shield stashed in the bottom.

It did take me a little bit to adjust it to my liking but once dialled in I never need to adjust it while we were out. I do find it necessary to micro adjust it at the beginning of each outing.

The padded waist straps are very comfortable and I now wish my hydration packs had similar straps.

After a year+ of good use I don't see any visible damage or dirt/grime on it.

I can't compare it to other backpacks like this but I'd like others to post their dad bags so we can help others make their decision.

Though we've never tried the dimensions say it's just a wee bit to big to use as carry on luggage. I'd be really interested to know it anyone has used theirs as carry on. I'm also afraid of damaging the vent panel in the overhead compartment but that fear may just be in my head.

Thanks
    W.M.

P.s. I never intended this to be a review but more or an overview. It's also my first post of this type and would appreciate feedback from an experienced reviewer. If there is anything I may have missed or should have included in a backpack review please let me know.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Water-Rat, reppans, spinkid01 and 3 others like this.
  2. Mumbojumboo
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Mumbojumboo EDC Junkie!!!!!

Awesome..... after years of struggle. Simple is always best. My trunk was base camp. Load and restock as necessary... Who cares about reviews? Just speak your opinion. I have no stake in sales.

Congrats on your first post.

A.B. likes this.
  3. A.B.

A.B. Loaded Pockets

Nice overview. When my kids were younger, I just used my old army backpack as a dad bag. The day pack kind. Now we use it as one of the get home bags again. Will post pics later.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

4. Warrior's Meadow

Warrior's Meadow Loaded Pockets

I'm glad people are liking my post. I can't wait to see pics of your setup. When the kids are older I figure it will end up as a hiking backpack as I have another bag I use like a suitcase for weekend trips.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

A.B. likes this.
  5. spinkid01

spinkid01 Empty Pockets

Nice setup! Glad to see there are other backpack fans. For years I carried and still do if necessary a Golite Jam 35 when out with everyone (3 daughters make for a lot of stuff). Like you said it just makes so much sense for an active lifestyle. When at the zoo or a park my wife can just reach in back for most things.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

6. pumpmaster

pumpmaster Loaded Pockets

I wasn't a fan of the Deuter pack I owned. My Camelback Urban Assault Concealment pack is my go to "dad bag" when required. Tons of room for all the necessities and the zippered side pockets keep bottles of milk cold and upright to avoid leaks. It's been used on numerous trips and vacations and looks like new. Surprisingly I could even wear it comfortably while trudging around Disney World for a week in the worst humidity known to mankind.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

7. reppans

reppans Loaded Pockets

I've become a big fan of Deuter. When I was looking for 65L for backpacking, I tried very hard to buy an Osprey. Loaded many different bags to ~40lbs and ultimately walked out with a Deuter 65+10 ACT-Lite. Its comfort and balance was the best for me by a good margin.