1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

My customised firesteel!

Discussion in 'Do-It-Yourself & Gear Modifications' started by nicknwong, Mar 11, 2008.

1. IllicitDreams

IllicitDreams Loaded Pockets

Nicknwong, I'd like to thank you for posting the idea. I happened to have a couple empty spy capsules, and some firesteels laying around.

I got a little sloppy with the drill work on the first one, and it came out crooked... my buddy now has that one. I just need to pick up some epoxy and I can finish the second one, and once I do it's going into my bushcraft kit.

Awesome idea man... keep it up.

2. stillphoto

stillphoto Loaded Pockets

Great idea, and good luck on the sales of them! Anyone know where to get a piece of firesteel like that inexpensively?

3. dowtech

dowtech Loaded Pockets

Nicknwong, you've renewed my faith in the future of (forgive the PCness) humankind. Keep going and best of luck! O0

4. AcydFlames

AcydFlames Empty Pockets

I don't know exactly what size he uses here, but I know you can get some 3/16" from LZ here. Great guy, easy purchase, and cheap too.

Then there are some smaller 1/8" rods here. Can't vouch for that site, never bought from them, but they're almost equally cheap.

5. nicknwong

nicknwong Loaded Pockets

Sorry guys- didnt manage to get time to post the feeler thread (again) because my Cadet Camp got in the way. I spent the whole of last night drying my gear because the camp grounds were flooded on the final night we were there. And my camera washed away.
    So hang in there.

6. liquidsunshine

liquidsunshine Loaded Pockets

Hi Nick,

just make sure you inform us in this thread where you post your feeler, please.

Good luck drying everything.

Matt

7. nicknwong

nicknwong Loaded Pockets