1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

My custom pocket carry method (pictures)

Discussion in 'Other Carrying Devices' started by Smith28, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Smith28

Smith28 Loaded Pockets

Hi EDCers,

Just thought I'd share this with you. I've been bothered a lot recently with loose things in my pockets - can't stand it. I like a pocket knife loose so I can grab it easily and a lighter if and when I carry one (rarely). Anyway, I tried the Maxped Micro EDC pocket and ended up packing it so full and getting sick of the time it takes to get it out of your pocket and find what you want, then put it back, then get it back out to put the thing away then.. blah blah. Also, unless riding in a cargo leg pocket, I found it was too bulky to use in either a front hip pocket or a back pocket. You get it, I'm a perfectionist.

So, I decided this. If it can't go in my pocket - just in my pocket - no organiser or anything, then I don't want to carry it. Bare in mind this is my casual EDC, for my work and wilderness EDC I have different systems that expand to belt carry and cargo pockets, but for a casual EDC I wanted to be jeans-compatible - so no cargo pockets.

Anyway, I'll stop rambling and get to the point. I simply got some 2inch black elastic and measured and sewed sections for the essentials that I always carry into a kind of micro pocket pocket.. if you see what I mean. Check it..

[​IMG]

Just sharing the idea just in case anyone else has a similar problem to what I had. This way it's mega easy to access my things, but at the same time they are more secure, they stay in the right place in my pocket and don't bunch up so when I kneel/sit/crouch, they stay flat and comfortable, and most importantly of all I don't find my E05 slipped out of my pocket sitting on the bench at the train station. :'( I'm thinking of making various different types for different casual EDC's that I commonly use. Maybe one with a miniBic slot, and maybe one with a small slot for a rolled up back up bank note or something.

Hope it helps someone out, I'm just chuffed I've solved my biggest current EDC problem! :coolsmiley:

TV09, amspratt, hotpixel and 3 others like this.
  2. nuphoria

nuphoria Loaded Pockets

There have been similar ideas here, but it's still a good one!

Glad it works for you ;D

3. Blackheart

Blackheart Loaded Pockets

I was told there'd be pictures. :)

4. robertrock

robertrock Loaded Pockets

Nice work. I've made a similar one out of denim. Has slots for BM minigrip 556, folding scissors, a Zippo, a space pen and G2 mini gel pen.

Very discreet carry for LF pocket and I haven't lost a pen since using it either.

5. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

Great minds think alike! I did something similar (though less elegant) a while back.

The post I linked to really shows more of a prototype. Since then, I have redone my organizer into a single strip and used stitches instead of staples. It looks and functions much better.

I have another idea that I'm tinkering with for a more adjustable version, but it's probably not really necessary, as they are not that hard to construct.

Off-topic - I hadn't realized that the E05 was almost a perfect match in size to a tube a Chapstick. Interesting...

6. 95yjinpa
    • In Omnia Paratus

95yjinpa Loaded Pockets

Nice work! Holds items secure, easy to make at home, and cheap!!! I like it!!

7. EthanF

EthanF Loaded Pockets

This is Rad!
    Nothing better than a super simple and functional solution to organizing the crap that always falls to the bottom of your pockets!

8. Redstarny

Redstarny Empty Pockets

Could you repost the pics please?

9. cjrodge34

cjrodge34 Empty Pockets

I need to make one of these! Then I might stop losing my chapstick.

10. Haffner

Haffner Loaded Pockets

Another solution to the same problem

Nice work!:highfive:

I also got fed up having things floating in my pockets.:brickwall:
    The solution for me was a maxped Volta pouch on my belt.

I tried a lot different, so why Volta?
    It has two pros: it’s slim (1”) & the flap closes the pouch completely.
    Just one con: the Velcro - I just can’t stand the noise!!! I’d love a zipper instead. :rant:

Contents: Fenix LD01, Widgy pry bar, SwissCard, comb, 16GB USB drive, pen, pencil, lighter, a few coins etc.
    My DK Penknife is in a separate pouch on the belt. If legal here, I'd definitely carry a 610 Rukus - "THAT's a knife!"

I used to have my phone in it as well, but then I got a Samsung Galaxy S II...:sigh:
    Someday I’ll get a custom pouch a little larger, so the phone can go back in again.
    Can anyone recommend someone, who makes custom tactical pouches?

11. deerbnb

deerbnb Loaded Pockets

12. NeonLights

NeonLights Loaded Pockets

Looks nice. My wife sewed one up for me a couple of years ago that looks almost exactly like that. In mine I EDC a titanium Preon 1 flashlight, a titanium Inka pen, and a titanium AG Russell 3.0 lockback folding knife. It is the first thing I stick in my pockets when I get out of bed.

13. simmerdownjack

simmerdownjack Loaded Pockets

what model victorinox is that? farmer?

14. Mag718

Mag718 Loaded Pockets

Victorinox Swiss Army Soldier Pocket Knife Silver Alox 53929 - What mine looks like anyway..

15. huntex

huntex Loaded Pockets

That's a great idea. Don't know how well I will be able to do the sewing though. Only one way to find out.

16. Kilted1

Kilted1 Loaded Pockets

I love these glorified pocket protectors! Now I know what to do with the next pair of jeans that blows out. :)

17. OneBigAnt

OneBigAnt Loaded Pockets

Hey thanks for posting this. I may have to try to make one of these.

18. Scoman

Scoman Loaded Pockets

I have something similar as an organiser in the front of my Maratac mid-range bag. However being a tad lazy I bought rifle/shotgun butt shell holders. They cost me £4.99 each. I simply cut the elastic off that's designed to go around the butt, put a bit of Velcro on it and voila. The hold 5/6 but you could cut them in half for the same result.

http://www.bushwear.co.uk/nostyles.php?ProductID=417613&ClassID=250

19. angusW

angusW EDC Junkie!!!

Nice clean job on that pocket organizer Smith.

deerbnb, it looks like you made those so that when you take the mag or flashlight out of your pocket the sheath will grab onto the side of the pocket and won't come out as well. Those look nice.