1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

My Current EDC Setup

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Gadget Guy, May 8, 2006.

1. Gadget Guy

Gadget Guy Banned

Here is my current edc setup: Emerson HD-7 titanium, Ti-Bot, Atwood mini Prybaby, Titanium nut tool, CRKT first strike, Leatherman charge, REI compass, Atwood tactical whistle, SOG outline, Solid titanium bar (Kubaton), maxpedition proteus, keyper, & micro wallet, Swiss Tech light (Photon), pen, wood toothpick holder. There is much more, but you get the idea...

Attached Files:

2. pipedreams

pipedreams Loaded Pockets

Looks great. Nice gear. What's the story on the Ti nut tool?

todd

3. In_Flux

In_Flux Loaded Pockets

Nice Stuff! I can definitely see how you got your username :)

However, you need to march yourself over to CPF (or Jon's site ;D) and get yourself a flashlight worthy of EDC.

There's nothing wrong with a Photon (of course). But I'd think you'd like something that can illuminate outside of your personal space...

(Or maybe you have a couple of McLux's lurking in that bag of yours) :surprise:

4. foxy

foxy Empty Pockets

Not to knock your titanium kuboton, but couldnt you just use the titanium nut tool or the weird shaped thing thats at the 6 o clock position as a kuboton?

5. Gadget Guy

Gadget Guy Banned

I do need a better flashlight and I have my sight set on the surefire E2D. Is there a better choice for the $$? I could use my pen as a Kubaton, but what fun would that be... :laugh:

6. Gadget Guy

Gadget Guy Banned

The Ti Nut tool is some type of tool for mountain climbing? I just had to have it because it was titanium! :crazy2: I told you I was a little crazy!!

7. In_Flux

In_Flux Loaded Pockets

IMHO the E2 Defender is probably the coolest looking production light. But being only incandescent rules out my using it for EDC (bulbs do burn out- and go through batteries quick).

Take a look at the Surefire A2. It's got an incandescent main bulb (regulated though!) and 3 little leds for close up/back up use (they're available in different colors). Another option is the L2. It uses a 5watt LED with a high/low switch. It can best be described as a 'wall of light'. 100 Lumens of flood light- not as much throw as the incands...

But like I said, those are icky production lights. Might as well jump right in to the customs....

I highly recommend anything by McGizmo. You can pick up an Aleph at the Sandwich Shoppe. Some of 'em are under $200. Better yet would be the McLux PD, but they're scarce right now waiting on new electronics (and a titanium body ;D).

Seriously, head over to candlepowerforums.com (if you haven't already).

8. Gadget Guy

Gadget Guy Banned

Thanks for the tip! I will check out the site...

9. Gadget Guy

Gadget Guy Banned

I have added a ton of new stuff since this photo was taken. I have purchsed 5 new Atwood items, a Surefire E2D, a forged Ti-Bot, and a couple of other toys. I will soon be selling some of my knives to pay for all this stuff. Watch for it in the buy and sell section. I will post a new photo when I receive all my new stuff... :crazy2:

10. luigi

luigi Loaded Pockets

Hi, very nice stuff !! :)
    Can you post links to where the unusual items can be found? Then we can check out and maybe find new sites with gear.

Luigi

11. mtnfolk mike

mtnfolk mike Loaded Pockets

wow...that's an excellant set up... ;D

12. Gadget Guy

Gadget Guy Banned

Thanks! Wait till I post my updated photos... I have changed many things since the last photo was taken.

GG

13. Bruiser

Bruiser Loaded Pockets

*Quietly waits for new pics......