1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

My "Cool" New Keychain Design

Discussion in 'Personal Security Devices & Self-Defense' started by Dave568, Mar 14, 2007.

1. Dave568

Dave568 BST/Marketplace ban

Here is a quick design I just thought up which could act as a self defense keychain tool while still being quite innocent looking. I made a quick sketch in MS Paint, so please pardon the quality, but I was wondering if people thought this would be a viable SD keychain. To use it, you simply insert your fingers through the holes in the letters, with your smallest finger resting against the bottom of the "L". This keychain can be used as a simple impact tool by punching in a natural manner, or it can be used as a piercing tool by using a hammerfist and striking downwards with the tip of the "L" that should hopefully be protruding from the bottom of your fist if the dimensions of the keychain are correct for your hand size.

In my opinion, the key chain should be purposely made to look stupid. Some bright green paint, maybe with some tacky looking glitter, as if it was bought at a low budget tourist destination, would be ideal.

Attached Files:

2. ScarabDrowner

ScarabDrowner Loaded Pockets

nice idea, definitely not obviously SD (wow, my initials, go fig ^_^)

3. [digidude]

[digidude] Empty Pockets

Thats actually a good idea. Although I'd prefer to have it in black or silver, even though green would be more "friendly"

4. tinyblob

tinyblob Loaded Pockets

By the looks of it you'd need to make the letters themselves quite thin, so your fingers don't have to splay out so far.. but yet keep the inner circles large enough for fingers. Look at any knuckleduster for scale.
    Personally i wouldn't want something i had to put my fingers through, because it's too slow in a tight situation. Plus with keys hanging off the end it's a big unwieldy. The real clincher for me is that it would be a huge gaudy thing hanging off my keyring ;)
    An alternative could be to scale it down so that it wasn't a knuckleduster replacement, but instead made it quite thick with a rounded tops so that it could be held inside a fist for added weight and impact.

5. mossyoak

mossyoak Loaded Pockets

i likke the idea alot. needs some tweaking to get the dimensions right. but yeah i would buy one in lime green.