1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

My 5.11 Moab 10 and my Dad. Thanks guys and gals.

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by GEC, Jan 22, 2012.

1. GEC

GEC Loaded Pockets

First of all I would like to thank everyone for their outstanding reviews of the Moab 10. This helped me make my decision so much easier for what it's going to be used for a while. The funny thing is that its purpose was never to be used for this, but this kind of just came up out of nowhere and has progress so fast.
    My dad has stage 4 cancer and he opted to go on hospice because of how the cancer has spread through out his body. Now, is still mobile, but his Emphysema has kicked in pretty bad. So from now on he has to carry a small oxygen tank around when he is out and about. Well Dad didn't want to carry the small bag that the hospice care gave so he decided to carry everything plus an extra tank in my Moab 10. Although he will be using the small bag that the hospice people gave him when on the move. When he sits down in a wheel chair or whatever else it will all go into my Moab.
    So thank you in helping me making my decision in getting this bag. For it now going to be used for greater purpose than hauling my edc stuff. Its going to haul my Dads edc fom here on out.

2. Blaker55

Blaker55 Loaded Pockets

Sorry to hear about your Father. Just went through this with my Pops. Lost him in Nov. My only advice is to spend as much time with him as you are able. Even when he is sleeping or out of it, you may find that it was time well spent after he's gone. Lots of good time to reminisce, think to yourself about all the good times and what an example he was for you and share with him when he's awake. I'm sure not all circumstances are the same, and it was tough, but we kind of made the best of it the last 1.5 months. I hope you can have a similar "positive" experience. Best wishes.

3. medic2807

medic2807 Loaded Pockets

Couldn't agree more. I was with my Dad when he died a year ago. My Mom and older brothers couldn't hack that process. Although it was a really painful ordeal, I was REALLY glad to be there with him at the end. You sound like the kind of guy who will do the same for your Dad. No one should die alone. I got better closure than any of the rest of them. Good call on the Moab 10. I have one cluttering up my closet. That would be a perfect bag for a home O2 system.

4. jwhite75

jwhite75 Loaded Pockets

Good for you looking after your Dad the best way you know how.

5. GEC

GEC Loaded Pockets

Thanks guys for the support. Sometimes it's good to hear from other people even if you don't know them. Me and the wife planned to stay by his side till the end from the beginning. The Moab works great for him for all his needs. It's kind of weird on how this worked out with the bag or maybe I just looking into it to much. Either way if it makes him happy I go with it.

6. ltbarber

ltbarber Loaded Pockets

Every day is a gift! Enjoy them,and treasure them with your dad. My dad has been gone 8 years. I think of him daily. Lord Bless you both!